This is how I ended up working for Monzo | Brenda Wong

(Alex Sherwood) #1

Great story here from @brenda including what it’s like to do a Monzo assessment center day with a hangover :sweat_smile:

Community Roundup - 2/3/2018
Feedback from Monzo Job Applicants
(Brenda Wong) #2

Haha! I must stress that this is not my usual behaviour - but that’s what happens when your assessment centre falls on the day after your last day of your old job and your ex-colleagues are determined to send me off with a bang! Thanks @alexs

Love the write up @brenda! My journey was pretty similar :hugs:

(Jack Donovan) #5

Turned up for your interview (with a bank) hungover, and you managed to get hired.

Great work!

(Brenda Wong) #6

Beth, are you about for remote week? We should do a 1:1! :100:

(Brenda Wong) #7

Thank you! I’m still super surprised. Must say, a) the breakfast sandwich brought me back to life and b) I’ve never turned up to any kind of interview like that before. I left my old job thinking I would spend weeks looking for a new one, but then this opportunity came up all of a sudden. I couldn’t be more grateful - though I wish my ex-colleagues took it easy on me the night before!

Monzo would definately be a good place to work. I went for an interview recently where the interviewer ordered a coffee for himself and did not offer one to me, not even a water. Won’t be going there!