The Monzo Current Account Preview

me too, I filled out the form as soon as they announced it and I haven’t had an invite yet and I meet the criteria, patiently waiting…

Got my debit card today and my current account is good to go.

Not sure if I want to entirely take the plunge and change everything so it gets paid in/out of the account yet…

Is anyone just transferring everything to their Monzo account yet? Direct Debits, salary etc?

I’ve transferred everything over. My salary and 13 DD… so far no issues

4 Likes

Cool, I’m thinking I might just live on the edge and just transfer everything over. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I did. Firing on all cylinders!

2 Likes

The irony is, it isn’t really living on the edge! Monzo wouldn’t be allowed to even offer this to consumers if the basic features weren’t rock solid :wink:
I would guess the preview is more around COPs, back office stuff and card/sort code acceptance.

1 Like

Go for it. We are all on same ship, we’ll hug each other to keep warm in the cold Atlantic waters if the boat sinks!! (it won’t)

2 Likes

Minor feedback. Don’t want to give chat more work than they need though I’ll message them if need be.

I have current account for few days and twice app reverted back to image of happy chip running :running_man: towards me with my card. Had to activate three times, app works OK after I type long number, with all my transactions there. Just feedback as I say :+1:

I’m more concerned about me forgetting to transfer some income standing order and bankrupting myself.

Whatever though, as the kids say: #YOLO! :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

3 Likes

I had exactly same the same feeling :grin: . Have I transferred all?
I am fully on board now and waiting for all. The direct debits to show up in recurring payments

3 Likes

Is there any indication around when there will be more support over weekends/overnight? I had an odd problem recently, I lost my debit card last week and had a new one sent out, but at the weekend I realised I’d need to transfer money out to my backup current account but this couldn’t be done without an activated card. I was OK to use a credit card in the meantime but obviously it was frustrating not being able to access the money in my account (if I was really stuck I would have perhaps called the helpline, or paid a friend by paypal or something). Now Monzo is ramping up to hit 20k users in a very short period, will more staff be switching over to support out of office hours?

Yep, we’re moving more staff over to support the current account this month — once it’s out of Preview, we’ll definitely do 24/7 supoprt :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just want to check I’m reading this correctly. You lost your card. Reported it lost and from that point you couldn’t use your account to transfer out? If so that’s not good whatsoever.

Yeah - think it’s just an awkward issue with the preview account at the moment. They did offer to activate the card before I received it which would allow me to transfer money but it wasn’t that urgent.

Wouldn’t that sort of make sense…? If you’ve reported your card lost/stolen then they freeze all activity until you get your new card and activate it. That way if someone’s stolen it they can’t just deplete all your money.

Freeze the card sure. Freeze the account? I don’t think they should :slight_smile:

(If that is indeed what has happened)

2 Likes

From what I understand if it’s an emergency you can phone up and they’ll do their best to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The card was frozen, but I couldn’t transfer money out of my account as I had no card linked. I was trying to use a feature of the current account, not the card, but it requires an activated card. I couldn’t use my old PIN, and the new pin they sent me didn’t work until the card was active.

Anyway, that wasn’t my issue - I knew that was getting sorted. It was more the lack of support ‘out of hours’.

Yeah I mentioned I would have done that if I was really stuck, it was just annoying to not be able to do anything with the account out of hours.

Freezing card,yes. Freezing account, no.