The Current Account Preview: Coming to a Letter Box Near You Soon!

7 Likes

Hey Tristan. Super excited about this! I was invited to the preview event last Thursday but I unable to make it (work commitments meant I was unable to get to London). Needless to say I was pretty gutted, until I saw this announced! Is there any possibility of getting put on this list as I was invited previously? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck people and let us know how it goes. I haven’t got the eligibility criteria but still like to read and see how it goes.

Likewise!

However I was fortunate enough to be invited for a CA preview with card by post last week (which I put down to maybe not accepting the London event invite?). Check your spam folder, you might be in the same boat. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Ineligible here too :weary:

1 Like

I was wondering the same, unfortunately I had to decline all London events I was invited to, but would love to be posted one as soon as possible :grinning:

Not in my spam unfortunately :frowning:

Yep, if you were invited to a previous event and couldn’t come, you’ll get a distance signup invite soon :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yay! A handful of us all signed up at the same time in the office, only one has received their card to date… We’re all stood watching enviously as they use their card to pay for lunch haha

1 Like

So mine will be with me tomorrow yeah? :eyes:

sun

Unfortunately not, you’ve been excluded from the preview apparently.

1 Like

Not me dude… you mean someone else :eyes:

It was your association with that individual.

Well I have heard nothing from anyone from Monzo so I highly doubt this is true.

1 Like

The way these have been rolled out for us, probably won’t be till the end of the year us alpha users who’ve invested will get a current account.

It’s a shame Monzo hasn’t got its act together with the current account roll out. After receiving my Mondo Card last year I thought the service totally rocked. But with the issues regarding prepaid card acceptance didn’t really use the account that much.

On the other hand Starling has launched a fully functioning current account which is excellent.

If anybody needs an instant code to sign up to Starling let me know as it doesn’t look like I will be getting a Monzo Current Account anytime soon :slightly_frowning_face:

Interesting. I’d argue that Monzo has ‘got its act together’ with the current account simply because it’s rolling them out at the rate that it wants to for its own purposes and within its own capabilities rather than being pushed into rushing anything and maybe overreaching itself.

I feel you may be veering too far on the side of something that suits you rather than something that suits Monzo in this.

3 Likes