The Monzo Current Account Preview comes to Android!

Just got invited to the next event!!! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Super stoked! Can’t wait to test the CA out :smiley: Thanks :monzo: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have had an invite to the next event, but I am also going on holiday in Sept. Is the CA going to have the save features when abroad as the prepaid card (good exchange rate, no charges) etc?

Until CA rollout is done, you get to keep both prepaid and CA cards. CA rules* are not to use it for non-GBP transactions for the time being. In other words: get CA if you’d like to test it, but use your prepaid card for travels. :wink:

*by rules I mean help text in the app that says “Payments to countries outside of the UK are not supported yet.”

Nice one, thanks for that Avishai. I was looking for something similar but I guess its in the help app for the current account :wink:

Yeah, I don’t think it was in either Preview blog entries, it’s in the app Help, and also mentioned during actual event when you get preview card.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion here :see_no_evil: By this we mean that Bank transfers out of the UK aren’t supported - you can use your card abroad - we’d defintiely encourage you to do this! :+1:

9 Likes

If you was previously part of the last crowdfunding effort but was not chosen do you still have to register your interest?

Yes :slight_smile:

The form can be used by anyone, from there you’ll be randomly selected at some point :grin:

You can register here:

2 Likes

There has been promises by Monzo that everybody that applied for and was not selected for the crowdfunding round which took place a few months ago, would be automatically selected to be given a current account. That’s after the successful crowdfunders have had first dibs of course.

I just want to know if that’s still the case or will we have to register via the above form.

This hasn’t started yet. They’ve started trialling a limited current account to testers that sign up - these testers can be anyone, and are chosen randomly. Investors will get first access to the full current account when it comes in September.

I wish they had stated this clearer, I took “full current account” to mean not a prepaid card, ie: “full account” compared to prepaid, not “full current account”. So I thought that investors would get early access overall, ie: to the beta tests. But, oh well. It doesn’t matter much.

1 Like

The form is registering for a super early preview. You can either register for that or wait for your promised early access to the full account. :slightly_smiling_face:

This has to be opt-in because there are still some issues we’re working out. Right now, you need to be sure that you’re willing to work with us if you experience any issues. There’s still a lot unfinished and even some missing functionality compared to the prepaid cards at this stage.

6 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean. Do you mean that you thought it would be a not a Pre Paid account or a fully ready current account? There was only going to be 2 accounts 1 which is the Pre paid card and the 2nd Is the current account.

Neither. I thought that there was no stress on the full, and that there’d be be early access overall. Again, not that it matters much

1 Like

To be honest I thought exactly the same as you did. Ah well what can ya do?

A quick question about the invites, i just received one :grinning:. However there are only 2 options for attending with one being sold out, so only option i have is Thursday 17th…

Being from Belfast it’s not that easy to get over on the dates so close, but as luck would have it i will be in London on Friday 18th…Any chance of being able to schedule a visit to Monzo HQ for us testers travelling a bit further than your average Monzo user? :crossed_fingers:

If the answer’s no then I have good news for you anyway :smiley:

Click the :arrow_down_small: to see the tweets embedded in this post.

2 Likes

Ah many thanks for the info, missed those tweets, i shall hold off for the Monzo events outside of London, though i’d imagine the odds of you guys coming to Northern Ireland/Belfast might be a bit slim lol.

I did hear there maybe some testers required for the current account card dispatch system, shall keep my :crossed_fingers: for an invite to that.

4 Likes

I just received an invite and it’s actually on my day off! I hardly see my wife though as we both work full time and I’m mostly nights…

London isn’t that bad to get to from where I live (just above Southampton) but I just can’t justify missing an evening together to go to London to open a bank account. No matter how much I want to be part of it. - If only there were daytime events.

I’m hoping some of the future events will be on the South Coast!

I would hold off for a month or so :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t tease me like that lol…i’ve waited this long on the Current Account, sure i can survive a while longer :slight_smile: