The Monzo Community's Summer 2019 Wish-List!

Being able to edit scheduled payments to pots is absolutely #1 for me. My partner and I have Monzo and a joint account, and we use pots for all our spending (some 14 pots or so in total). Not being able to edit the deposit and withdrawal dates easily is a laborious task.

Second to that - Plus and overdrafts for Joint. No point having house insurance on a personal account when we pay our bills from the joint etc.

:heart:

1 Like

Hi Peter :wave:,

Thanks :pray:t4:. It’s indeed an interesting poll because some of the features were implemented. Let’s see how it progresses. I am waiting for Monzo plus features and basic features to be further implemented and improved.

Hi @Peter_G

I think you forgot “Sort Pots Order” - whilst a very small feature when compared to some of the others above I think it’s on a lot of people’s wish list!

9 Likes

Please, please can we have international inbound transfers? I know people who would love to have their salary paid in but cant because their employer needs a secure international number.

2 Likes

I wonder if he excluded it because its all but confirmed as happening on the new navigation:

1 Like

Does it?

This seems to suggest some easier “ordering” if you have a JA/ BA and CA (i.e. “Account Ordering”) but not the individual ordering of pots.

1 Like

@bruno has mentioned a few times over the last couple of months that the plan is to have the ability to custom group and sort you account objects but granted the plan may change and I could be misinterpreting “cards” as carousel cards rather than actual accounts:

2019-04-26:

2019-06-26:

2 Likes

Ah have missed those - it does suggest that it is in the plan/ pipeline!

Thanks for providing the links!

A big one for me would to be to bring Joint Accounts up to parity with sole accounts. I’ve not used a sole current account for around 15 years.

1 Like

Ooh, many more votes and lots of movement!

Here’s today’s run down:

:1st_place_medal: Keeping its first place crown with 43% of the vote is a Monzo credit card. Will this happen? Only time will tell!

:2nd_place_medal: Up to position number two is pay from a pot rather than the main account with 38%.

:3rd_place_medal: Also moving up the table is the contentious one: cheque imaging, with 32%.

Yesterday had improved payee management in second place. This has since moved down to fifth place with 30% of the votes (having been beaten to fourth place by dark mode)

And the early leader, and yesterday’s number three, has taken a tumble. Use income as a trigger is down to 7th. This makes me sad :pensive:

On the battle of the pays, Samsung Pay and Fitbit Pay are neck to neck at (nearly) the bottom of the table. Just 9 votes apiece and 5% share!

Interesting to see if this has settled down into a clear pattern now with 178 votes, or if there are more changes to come…

1 Like

Nothing really on here apart from Dark Mode. Main thing for me is QUALITY card for my plus account. Ideally Metal or something that feels better than the current cheap ones.

Forgot to vote for a ‘Something else’ feature; Demo Mode.
Where the app launches and has most features enabled but pulls a fictional set of data through which is made up. So it can be shown to interested parties without broadcasting how many times you’ve been to Greggs.

5 Likes

Following on from the last post, a demo mode (or a way of masking my income), is what it would take to get me to have my salary paid into Monzo. I personally don’t mind broadcasting my spending when showing the app to others, but I do want to keep my income private.

1 Like

So five days in and where are we…?

:boom: There have now been 219 votes - this beats the Christmas 2018 wish list total tally of 214 - and that took a whole month. Well done folks! :tada:

So… positions:

:1st_place_medal: Currently in first place - Monzo Credit Card!

Keeping its early lead, it seems the Community really (really) wants a Monzo credit card. :credit_card: :monzocard:

:2nd_place_medal: Currently in second place - Pay from a pot rather than the main acount !

Also sticking in position (at least since the last run down) is paying from a pot. Y’all just love your pots! :hot_coral_heart::honey_pot:

:3rd_place_medal: Currently in third place - Dark Mode!

We do have a new third position though - dark mode! Since @bruno came out in favour it’s just been rocketing up the chart!

:thinking: This all means that cheque imaging is down from 3 to 4, and (my personal favourite) using income as a trigger for cool stuff (I’m paraphrasing) is down to 5.

:exclamation: I was surprised to see improved payee management so low - polling at #7, just below custom categories

Anyway, onto the only battle that matters…

:watch:… Battle of the Pays!
FitBit Pay is only just leading Samsung Pay by 10 votes to nine - or (if you prefer percentages) Discourse has them both rounded at 4%!

Until next time!

Did I really make this poll run to mid-September?!

12 Likes

I really wish they would sort the budgeting/summery to allow for those of us that don’t get paid on the same date each month or every 4 weeks. Loads get paid last friday of each month and other variances.

2 Likes

Also, others (like me) get paid Weekly (every Friday) !!

1 Like

Just to be clear I personally want dark mode, nothing to do with what we’re working on! I already regret having said that :joy:

14 Likes

One that’s not there that I think would be fairly popular is Amex in app, as well as other Credit Cards with transaction data. I know, I know, some of it is coming :soon: (ish) but it’s something I am really looking forward to. It will really make Monzo one place to manage my monthly finances.

1 Like

My “something else” item would be Custom Date Ranges for Export & Bank Statements. Specifically, it’s great to have month by month statements available as PDFs from Profile > Account Statements > Statement History, but please, please, make these available as CSV and QIF as well so that I can import them into other financial tracking software. The only CSV or QIF we can get now is the current (partial) month, or “all time” which isn’t very helpful.

2 Likes

What I am missing…

• Consistent UI (perhaps this is coming with the new UI, but the new white home tab has a completely different feel than all the other pages in the app with the blue bar at the top)
  • IBAN and native international transfers
  • Other account summaries (without Trulayer) including some transaction details. Can I see my pension too?
  • Net worth calculator? summarising Account, pots, saving, credit cards, pensions etc.
  • Slicker 3DS approval. On Android it is necessary to verify your fingerprint twice and tap 4 or 5 times. It would be great to approve from the notification with one tap.
2 Likes