The Current Account Switch Service (CASS)

Yes, I (and many others, I assume), are waiting on this to happen before I switch fully to Monzo.
Iā€™d love to be using it full time already, but I just donā€™t have the time to deal with all the switching faff.

So I really hope this is Monzoā€™s priority

2 Likes

Why? Why not release the product, still better than a prepaid card, as is, to those of us willing to switch manually and let those unwilling to fully switch later? Iā€™d have hated to have been delayed for a feature I had no interest in.

1 Like

Prioritise CASS.
Remove friction.
Encourage switchers.

4 Likes

But why? Why hold back a product launch for a feature that isnā€™t strictly needed? Iā€™m not saying donā€™t do it. Just donā€™t delay launch. Delaying launch for optional features is the opposite of what I see Monzo as - something for nerds that is open, transparent and allows people to test things.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say delay the launch. I said prioritise CASS.

2 Likes

Okay, well, the person I was replying to said they should have delayed the launch until they had CASS ready, so I thought you were agreeing with that.

For many users, CASS is a significant reduction of friction and Iā€™m surprised it wasnā€™t ready for the mass migration.

7 Likes

I do definitely get that itā€™s important to people (which shocked me, I meanā€¦ to me it almost even takes away from the fun of getting to change everything and watch the process more closely and personally), but Iā€™m all in favour of releasing things as theyā€™re ready. Trust the Monzo devs will have CASS for you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not for me - my DDs are mostly with santander - cash back dontcha know?

Or for me, or for anyone who wants a secondary account - thatā€™s why I favour a ā€˜release it as it is readyā€™ model.

2 Likes

Have to agree CASS should be a priority.
Although Iā€™m an investor, I wonā€™t be using my account until cass is finally offered.
Primarily because Iā€™m lazy and canā€™t be arsed with the hassle.

3 Likes

I think youā€™ll find that that wasnā€™t what I was suggesting either.

ā€˜It is a little suprising that this wasnā€™t prioritised before migration to current accounts beganā€™

There were a couple of features on the prepaid app that I would have happily sacrificed and waited for in order to prioritise CASS before accounts were rolled out.

Iā€™m sure there are plenty of people in the community who are happy to test things out for Monzo and take time to help them get things right, but now that they are rolling it out to everyone and we arenā€™t in the testing phase any more, it needs to be as slick as it can be and better than existing banks, not worse.

1 Like

Sometimes no matter how many people you throw at a thing it just takes time. Iā€™m also glad that Monzo did not delay releasing a perfectly good current account due to CASS

2 Likes

Devastating news.

@simonb, how does this message about the plan to release it in Q1 align with the card being moved to Medium Term on the Trello board?

Gutted that this has been moved back. I thought this would have been a real priority to bring people onboard.

Iā€™ll start with a disclaimer - Iā€™m not in the trenches in the product and dev meetings to get all the intricate details on this.

But my understanding is that weā€™ll test CASS with staff, followed by a alpha user rollout to a small group of people, followed by a larger group of people, and eventually - itā€™ll be available to everyone. The exact same method that we did with the current account rollout.

Therefore, the ā€œMedium Termā€ card likely refers to the timeframe in which CASS is available to all customers, but for many people, itā€™ll be sooner than that. I think/hope that folks here on the forum who register interest in testing it should be able to do so in late Q1, if everything goes to plan.

6 Likes

Sounds good @simonb! Let me register my interest now with you! :wink:

Thanks for the response! Iā€™m now in the process of manually transferring things like salary and direct debits, so Iā€™ll probably wait until itā€™s available to everyone.

Not much constructive to offer here, other than another voice for ā€˜manual switching is too much of a faffā€™. So while Iā€™m keen and would largely trust the CA enough now to make it my primary account, I canā€™t see myself doing it until CASS is live.

1 Like