Temporarily freeze Card

I see that Barclaycard now have a “Freeze Card” option on their online accounts, for those times when you panic thinking you’ve lost your card but can then unfreeze it when it turns up in the laundry basket. This would be a good idea to have on Monzo

1 Like

This function is available now (certainly on android). If you go into the account section.

4 Likes

Great thanks, never spotted it

This was basically a major Monzo feature that other banks are now copying.

24 Likes

Monzo basically invented this :joy:

9 Likes

I’m hoping for Apple Pay myself.

9 Likes

SoonTM

4 Likes

We all remember the day when Apple pay was turned on for 10 minutes, then turned off. Monzo folklore :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

1 Like

It’s all about which ones of us managed to get in!

2 Likes

Hey Phil, welcome :slight_smile:

This, and instant notifications, were one of the key selling points of Monzo (and Starling) originally, that the older banks then copied much later. Which is great they finally did, but also shows that there need to be new providers otherwise the old ones aren’t pushed into doing anything new to compete.

2 Likes

At least near me, Barclays have a massive advertising push about new app features - I’ve seen billboards for card freezing and bill/spending prediction. I think they need to add a little “Inspired by Monzo” hot coral starburst in the corner of these!

I got in :sunglasses:

Ps: this thread has to be a wind up, right?

1 Like

I’ve accidentally hit the freeze card option by mistake (fat finger). When I unfreeze I have a prompt to add to Gpay again. To clear this you have to follow through the setup process to get to a point where you get a prompt to say the card is already registered for Gpay.

Perhaps a confirmation screen for the freeze button?? Or is it just me :grin::grin::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Sounds like a bug. Could be worth reporting here:

https://community.monzo.com/c/customersupport/bugreports