Targets

I can confirm you can categorise payments from friends. But it doesn’t reflect in target totals for that category.

Which makes it much less useful overall.

1 Like

I really think being able to set the start date and end date of your months targets to coincide with your pay day is needed!! :calendar:

7 Likes

Until the start date can be set by the customer, I would suggest that the targets are completely useless. Calendar month is arbitrary in relation to one’s spending patterns.

Monzo, you clearly believe this feature is important and indeed mature, given that it is one of only five top level pages/tabs in the app, but the fixed date range makes it impossible to perform the most basic tracking of my income and expenditure.

So what am I missing? How do you propose this feature be used if I get paid mid month and want to manage my spending until my next payday?

6 Likes

Any update from monzo about when this will finally be available on android?

Nope, I imagine they’re improving functionality (i.e. custom start/end dates) of the existing Apple version and will launch both improved versions (iOS and Android) at the same time.

My understanding from comments a few months ago is that they’re doing more than improving the functionality, they are completely overhauling the feature. I think that’s why there’s not even a basic version on Android. The current feature on iOS isn’t the starting point that will have improved functionality, it’s essentially a prototype that will be replaced with a new system. At least that’s what I’ve inferred, I have no inside knowledge.

3 Likes

Corr, feels like it’s taking forever. I mean from this first sneak peak up until now quite a long time has passed. For android to have been given nothing in that time is a bit frustrating

Don’t say that people will start to say oh you have Android pay though… Seems to be the answer for all Android missing features.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Targets for Android?

It was difficult to search this topic for this:

Does anyone know if there’s a plan to allow targets to be changed for a specific month, so if you have a holiday one month you don’t have to change them at the start of the month and then change them back again at the end—you’d add specific targets for that one month, but the next month would be your usual targets?

I ask because I tend to put eating out, travel etc. while on holiday under the Holidays category, so I can easily see how much I’m spending on holidays for the year. During that month, my spending on groceries, eating out, travel etc. will be lower because I’m away for a week or two and everything I spend related to my holiday will be under the Holiday category.

Without this feature, I’d receive warnings that I’m spending too much for my overall target or for my Holiday target (because the Holiday target is obviously much lower for months when I don’t actually have a Holiday planned), which is incorrect.

Maybe I’m using it incorrectly though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Loadouts for targets sounds good. Easy way to switch.

Seems vague? Update as in allow users to to make use for the targets feature by adding custom dates?

1 Like

Agree, this has been something I’ve been wanting for ages, my spending tab is entirely pointless right now as incoming money doesn’t get deducted from spending, bills aren’t spread out over a month etc - it’s a shame as this is the biggest feature of Monzo really right now, and I (and I’m sure many others can’t use it).

When is this all going to be updated and fixed so it’s usable? :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Here’s my problem -

If for example I pay for flights for me and my partner (£200) and she then sends me half the money afterwards (£100) and both are tagged in the ‘holiday’ catatory - then I want my holiday spending within my targets to be £100 total after both transactions (-£200 + £100 = - £100). But currently my spending will remain £200 even if my account is credited with the £100 from my partner.

Can this be a feature of the future please :pray:

2 Likes

I’ve had this problem for over a year, the built in budgeting is why I signed up in the first place, only to find out it was useless. I’ve put multiple posts on here but never get anything concrete. I’ve seen tiny features come instead of this fix and also huge new features like pots while this still remains a completely useless feature. Current account launch was an excuse for many many months and the latest is that the budgeting is getting reworked for the current account so fixing this would be doing it twice. I say do it twice then as to me the Monzo app is broken and the promise of built in budgeting is a lie.

They have been well aware of it the whole time but just prefer to do other things first. I wouldn’t hold your breath for the fix…

I would find it very useful to have a feature where payments into the account are taken into account for monthly spending. For example, when I buy groceries for my housemates/ communal things and they Monzo me back, my targets go way over as it looks like I’m spending a lot more than I am. It would be great to have a feature to view total outgoings - today income during a month (minus the amount I top up!)

2 Likes

100% agreeee! It should definitely take into account income to offset in a category…

1 Like

I can only agree with all of you folks, our spending/targets functionality is broken the moment you have any kind of splitting or money coming in and out related with the same thing (someone refunding you for something, etc.).

I know how frustrating it is :frowning:. In my personal experience, during the last few months I’ve overspent massively because of this issue. I know this doesn’t make it better but at least I want you to know that we are fully aware of the importance of sorting this out.

The bright side of things though is that we know how to fix it! We’ve worked on a few different solutions and this very Friday we’re kicking off the work to get it build as one of our main priorities for this new quarter :muscle:

We’ll share progress very :soon:

20 Likes