Targets

(Alex Sherwood) #162

As far as I know, the Trello board is still up to date. I think the original plan was to make the changes within 6 months of May 2016 but as that got delayed (probably because of the launch of the bank / current accounts), you can now expect the changes within the next 3-6 months. Or a least, that’s what Tristan (who’s mostly responsible for the roadmap), has said.

I’m hoping that this particular issue will be resolved when the new bill splitting functionality is launched, which is due (I hate to say it now)…soon :grimacing:

(Emily) #163

Sorry if i’ve missed something - but what about weekly targets? So say £150 a week and be able to budget through that? I would find that really useful?

(Alex Sherwood) #164

That feature’s on the way, we might even have it soon :tada: -

Here’s one of the early designs for it -

(P Burrows) #165

this would be awesome! i get paid on the 18th of the month so it would be nice to customise what defines a month for me!

I would love to see something that would allow me to budget for one off items/occasions within the month.

So I have £x remaining this month but I know that I have a night out and a gift to come out of that, they’re not bills, they’re not things I have to save for and they’re not weekly/monthly targets.

Just a way of allocating my disposable income in a ad hoc manner so I can see what’s left after :slight_smile:

(Ross Harrison) #167

I noticed this too, so I was glad to see you mention it!

(Charlotte) #168

Hi, I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to be able to start your month on a different date? Payday isn’t always the beginning or end of the month - for me it’s the 25th - so it would be great to be able to start the month on the 25th. Allowing people to set their month start date will really help with budgeting.

Also, I agree with the idea of weekly & daily budgeting, as long as you can choose the “start” date of your month.

Also, I love this app/card, it’s awesome!

Thanks x

Hi,

I read somewhere here that customisable target timeframes are coming and I was just wondering if there’s an ETA for them? Recently got my card and started using it, but got paid just before the bank holiday weekend, spent a load of cash then, but now we’re in June so it’s completely forgotten. It’s screwed up my budgeting for this pay period now.

Hope to see this feature coming soon!

No exact time frame, other than when the Current Accounts arrive which is due late summer 2017.

Are there any plans to be able to set custom dates to Targets as per the original plan (image below)?
I get paid on the 26th of every month, unless it falls on a weekend in which case it changes to the preceding working day. I would love to be able to customise my Targets’ range to consider this!

https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/business5/uploads/getmondo/original/2X/0/063e06c37d3efa794038f0ef345f0d943e4db899.png

(Alex Sherwood) #172

Yes :smiley: custom start dates & timeframes are on the way, Hugo gave us a preview here -

(Damien) #173

Are there plans to have custom targets? I.E If your budget is a bit more detailed

(Alex Sherwood) #174

Monzo are planning to extend the targets with the Pots feature but I’m guessing that’s not what you mean.

They’re constantly enhancing the app’s features so I guess it depends on how complex your budgeting process is. What functionality did you have in mind?

If it’s very complex or you use a process like YNAB, then Monzo will probably try to keep the app simple, to accommodate the average user & enable 3rd party developers to build functionality / their own app that connects to Monzo, to support those processes, for example -

Click through or click the :arrow_down_small: in the top right hand corner of the quote to view the full post.

(Jason) #175

I would love to see smart targets i.e Mozno suggesting targets based on my historical spending and data from similar users. As Monzo grows the amount of data they have available on spending patterns is growing too. The use of something like AI would be able to pick out spending trends (think increased spend on eating out during bank holidays and over the December) and be able to suggest targets based on your income and what your savings targets are.

Linking targets to your calendar the AI could identify events that would likely cost you money (for example my family has 4 birthdays in December so my spend on gifts would be higher than a normal December). This could also be long term so Monzo could suggest that you save a bit more in November in preparation for December.

About to start at university next month so budgeting would be invaluable. :slightly_smiling_face: Fingers crossed it’ll be ready on android in time. :crossed_fingers:

Hi, a quick question - I have had a card and the app since June but I don’t seem to have the target function. It sounds really useful- do you know if I need to do anything to activate it or something?

(Marta) #178

Hi @Millyh9, for prepaid cards it’s only available for iOS, so I guess you have Android phone :wink: .

Monzo said that they are aiming for feature parity (between ios and android) for full current account launch, but we don’t have more details than that.

Please in the Target setting feature can we have the ability to increase or decrease a target spend by £1 rather than £5? All those ££s add up!

No targets for android. Essentially not allowed to budget with Monzo unless I fork out for an apple device. Can’t believe it’s not a much much larger priority.

(James Murray-Ferris) #181

:disappointed_relieved: it is on the roadmap but in the medium term