#TagYourTransactions

Totally agree with you @Alexxxxx 1000% :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got an Chiquito’s transaction and it recommends the below, and they don’t match one bit :joy:

The tag should autocreate a bullet point under the category, like a subsection. All displayed clearly on the spending tab

*Eating Out £100

• Junk £30
  • lunch £40

(But in the right colours and fonts)

8 Likes

my emojis don’t seem to work on iOS update 1.9.31#382

IMG_3023IMG_3024

1 Like

I assume we can’t ‘tag’ our direct debits and faster payments for now? :thinking:

Also in agreement with the comments above regarding the breakdown, it would be great to have them in there as a subcategory of the main categories.

2 Likes

They don’t work as a clickable #tag for me at least. You can search if you add emojis to any transaction, this was always the case.

1 Like

Already finding bugs. Tagged transaction as #exercise and it shows in blue as #exercis for some and #exercise for others. :roll_eyes:

That happens, just report it to the support team & I’m sure they’ll fix it :slight_smile:

Already done. Can’t say this is a great replacement for custom categories :disappointed:

3 Likes

No matter how many people you get to test your beta software, you can guarantee once it goes live that someone will find something wrong with it. That’s the nature of software development, in my experience!

5 Likes

Agree, work in the industry. Just a little frustrating that, in my opinion, such a half baked solution to a problem also comes with some pretty dumb bugs.

I don’t get it? Why not just give us custom categories and allow us to assign a transaction to that?

This feels like it will just create extra admin for myself if I want to tag my transactions, as well at having them in categories.

Question for someone who has created some: do they show up in the spending tab as if they are another category?

4 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get it then. Why not just keep things simple (for us at least) and deliver what everyone actually asked for?

I can only assume that, for whatever reason, this was easier than custom categories so was delivered as a halfway house…?

2 Likes

I hope this is a MVP to see how we all use it before issuing the real thing

1 Like

We’ve discussed this earlier in the thread.

2 Likes

Hi @bea

Yesterday I tried to use this with a tag #loan-payment but the Android Monzo app just sees this as #loan. Could you please ask your lovely devs to add - to their regular expression they use to match the tags? Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Apparently using emoji breaks things (according to support)

:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Will there be “auto-tagging” or at least suggestions based on past transactions you can tap on to confirm, saves some typing I guess.

Agreed - if this is the solution to custom categories, it really needs to include all the features like auto-tagging and appearing in breakdowns which is why people want categories in the first place :slight_smile:

This is nice (particularly the emojis) but I hope it isn’t touted as a replacement for categories/subcategories.

4 Likes