Switch to Monzo with the Current Account Switch Service!

I’ve got a first direct regular saver with 3 months left to run. As soon as it has expired I’ll be doing full switch to Monzo. I’d lose £97 in interest if I switch now. Legacy banks are just so far behind in terms of innovation and use of technology. I do like FD as a bank and have never had any problems with them. But even their customer service standards are dropping.

Is there a way to see if my CASS has actually been processed?
The app said “done” but it looked like I could only move back (and not forward)?

Now I am not sure if I need to do it again or if it’s in progress.

Do Monzo do partial switches?

Yes :smiley:

1 Like

Thats how it happened for me. Think of it as you have submitted the application to transfer. Monzo will need to process it and they will send you a notification soon (probably will be tomorrow as the banking day has ended) in your feed stating it has started and when you it will complete. They will also send you a notification when it has finished. If you are unsure message COps but there is no need to resubmit it. Maybe they need a feed “thank you” to make sure people know its worked.

IMG_1077

IMG_1078

2 Likes

I eventually got the notification in my feed (no push notification, I’m okay with that).
Perhaps they need to show the “Account switch in progress” sooner (i.e. just after submitting it)

Ive selected partial switch and I’m just waiting for Monzo to get back to me on the app now. Only reason I didn’t want to close my other account is that I would like to deposit cash into there and then move it over to Monzo.
However perhaps once this feature is looked into though I can close this old account.

3 Likes