Switch to Monzo and Help us Test the Current Account Switch Service

To the best of my knowledge there is not (I stand to be corrected) as despite a communality of account numbers all using the same standard the accounts themselves all run on separate national systems. So there are still separate national switching services such as the one in the Netherlands. If I hear to the contrary I will let you know.

PS I have just sent a Telegram message to staff at a Dutch bank to see if they are aware of any such service.

2 Likes

Well, the bankers I spoke to in Benelux and DACH banks said they do not know any, yet. But one theorised despite different national systems when a fully PSD2 compliant API is up and running some workaround could enable this.

1 Like

Thanks, really interesting. It seems like a logical conclusion of the single market…

2 Likes

Can everyone have this now please? Lloyds are doing my nut in and I wanna get rid. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Have you checked under your account?

I thought I didn’t have it but then randomly found it the other day. Monzo could make it more obvious.

Update: Got the email from Natwest asking me to pay back my overdraft now that the switch has “finished”. Got until the 4th to pay, and I can use my card to do so. However, the website says it could take 5 working days to process, so I think that means I have until…today? :laughing:

Edit: I paid it using the shadiest looking payment portal I’ve ever seen. Good jorb Natwest. Now for the thrilling wait for it to show up in the account and them actually closing it…

2 Likes

It’s already out. Search for cass under the help section of the app and it will show you the process.

Edit: I paid it using the shadiest looking payment portal I’ve ever seen

Screenshot? :joy:

Here’s a screenshot. I wish I took a screenshot of how broken the page got when it redirected to WorldPay

natwest%20shady

2 Likes

Anybody switched from Halifax?

I did. All went smoothly.

I got a letter in the post over a week after the switch had finished warning me that a switch had been initiated. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

:joy:

Was it completed before switch date?

It looked like everything transferred over the day before but was confirmed as completed exactly a week from starting the switch. I believe it’s 7 days guaranteed for a full switch and roughly the same for a partial but there’s no guarantee so could be longer.

Good to know :+1: I’ll sit and wait it out. Not sure much is going to happen over the weekend :joy:

1 Like

I’m testing a full switch from the Halifax. My switch date is Monday (30th) but I only received the letter from the Halifax yesterday.

Legacy banks can be so slow. A friend swapped banks to another bank not Monzo but he received a letter from his old bank telling him they were going to do the SWITCH yet the letter arrived after it had completed!

2 Likes

The Natwest mobile app finally showed a zero balance in my old account last night, and I check now and the current account is now gone from the app!!! I am now #FullMonzo (except for my ISA of course)

3 Likes

Ok So part 2 of my CASS switch from Natwest.

• Had a notification a few days ago now stating some direct debits had moved over to my Monzo account. I was a little alarmed since my switch was supposed to happen today 01.05.18 and the funds didn’t transfer over but all was ok

• Switch happened today, funds went over and Natwest app showing £0.00 in my account (natwest account still currently open for now)

• Paypal emailed me to confirm my Direct Debit has switched (added info)

• Standing orders also switched today and have gone through all fine. I do have one gripe about standing orders which is you cannot see last payment dates like you can on the Natwest App. I had to message Monzo to check the final payment date was still intact.

So now officially banking with Monzo! pretty smooth all in all I’d say :smiley:

2 Likes

Partial switch update. Mortgage payment did not get taken from either my First Direct or Monzo account today. I ended up having to ring them and reset the direct debit from their side. Had a problem with an AA direct debit too but haven’t fixed that one yet. Monzo were very helpful just a little annoyed that the switch didn’t fully work!

2 Likes

Did you switch the mortgage DD as part of the switch?