✅ Support for Samsung Pay

No, it’s one of the reasons I have stuck with HSBC whilst having less than capable phones because the watch works even so - but now it’s time to just admit they won’t do it and stick with Gpay - I used to use a few mag terminals so it was a blessing - but HSBC need to go so I am so mad at them I will give up Samsung Pay to get rid of their arses!

I am full Samsung for phone and a few watches and soon to be full Monzo, yes it would be good but hurrah for Gpay in the meantime!

I read on this forum that in order to get Monzo’s support for samsung pay it requires some number of requests, so here is mine.

Samsung just released new watch Active 2. Based on reviews and hype it is the strongest contender for apple watch from android point of view. I presume that many people such as myself who never decided to actually buy a smartwatch for the various reasons will do a move on it now. It is fresh simplistic and functional like apple watch. Saying that the only thing that keeps me from buying it at the moment is that I can’t use it for my daily purchases. The watch doesn’t support google pay, and Monzo doesn’t support samsung pay. I have written a customer feedback to Samsung, asking for google pay and it is only fair to ask Monzo to support Samsung Pay. Whoever is first will have my eternal gratitude for making my life and payments this much easier. Cheers

1 Like

Really you would need to ask Google and Monzo, Samsung watch’s dont run android, they run their own OS called Tizen which is why google pay isnt on it. Google would need to support Tizen OS to add google pay to it presuming samsung wouldnt block it.

2 Likes

+1 very true

I partly get the point that monzo wants to prioritize features and really polish things, and not rush any new features that people wouldn’t be happy with. However adding support for those platform (not only Samsung pay, I know that a fair amount of people use Garmin as well as other brands) seems like a free win - if you don’t need it, you don’t have to use it, and as a feature is completely non-obstructive.

2 Likes

Given the state of WearOS hardware a Samsung watch is very attractive. Shame still no support from Monzo

1 Like

Recently bought Samsung active 2 and was enjoying it in NYC without having to worry about Carrying a card everywhere. I got the watch, i got the wallet.

But after moving to UK i felt so helpless. This monzo card i was excited to add on samsung pay when said " card not supported" , I felt so bad that I immediately jumped to this forum to implore Monzo guys to add support for samsung pay.

@Monzo,
Clearly this thread is not going to be closed. People will keep asking you to add support for it. Here, I am adding my voice on top of existing ones. Kindly, start supporting samsung pay. If I see my bank is stopping me to make full use of digital age, I kinda feel compelled to try street banks. If not anything, they support all platforms.

Thanks

Just make sure you click vote at the top of the thread. I think a lot of people miss this.

2 Likes

Vote for it if you want it. Monzo will get round to it (or not) in their own sweet time.

Where do I vote for this?

1 Like

First post in this thread

Got it, thank you… pretty obvious in the end :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The team (which @Rika) works on that would be responsible for building this are pretty busy right now and, as she explained above, there have been other priorities as of late :disappointed:

That doesn’t mean we will never build this, but as @simonb has said, it’s not in the Top 20 on the forum right now so it’s unlikely it would be prioritized at the moment :confused:

3 Likes

It’s just in the top 20 if you take out the two that have been done. :smile:

2 Likes

And yet I recently got a smartphone with Tizen on it - and get what ran… Gpay.

It’s just Monzo being tight - probably.

Then use GPay if you can use it

2 Likes

Android pay went on your tizen os phone?
Which phone do you have?
If that’s the case it means Samsung must be blocking android pay on their tizen watch.

Just want to chuck in my 2 cents here.

Samsung have the second highest market share of wearables. They sell about 33% as many as Apple watches, so they aren’t insignificant.

Samsung Pay is the only option for Samsung smartwatches. It is really frustrating that Monzo can’t dedicate time to more than 10 features at once.

I went with Monzo because they had the best app. But now it seems they are falling behind traditional banks in terms of their software.

1 Like

That’s a lot of features to be working on at once.

3 Likes

I suspect that Monzo are equally frustrated.

2 Likes