Sterling Monzo to Euro Revolut -?

Hi I have to pay a relative in Eire a small amount of money (less than £50) they have Revolut in Euro’s. What is the best and cheapest way to send money as its only a small amount anyway. :grin:

I’m no expert, but aren’t all Revolut accounts multi currency? If so, isn’t it a case of transferring the cash to them using the UK sort code and account number associated with the account, then them doing the switch to euros in Revolut?

2 Likes

Cheapest and easiest way is to deposit money into Revolut using your card or Google/Apple Pay and just send it to whoever on Revolut in Euros. Instant and no fees. Exchange rate is generally what you see on Google (mid-market). You can send it in £‘s and let them send it or send directly in €‘s and you’ll see the conversion yourself.

Transferwise is very quick and will cost around £0.59 to send that I think.

I’ve never used Revolut, but according to their website, your relative should be able to send you a payment request link, and you can then use your Monzo debit card to make the payment. That’s probably the simplest way, and you’ll pay at the Mastercard exchange rate.

2 Likes