Status of the Android app vs the iOS app

Without all the fancy functionality on iOs app, Android app really feels unloved. I like my card but I like my Android phone too :frowning:

25 Likes

Yes why I went back to the iPhone … very frustrating…

5 Likes

I can assure you the Android app is getting plenty of love, the iOS app has just had over a year longer in development time!

To be slightly more serious, it wasn’t that many weeks ago that the Android app was nothing more than a login screen with a balance. It has come a long way in very little time.

Once the two apps reach parity, it’s sounding like they will be kept as equal as reasonably possible.

4 Likes

I totally understand that. It’s not only Monzo, it’s all the apps I want to use (like moneybox app). I am just hoping since the backend is already developed for iOS, it would be faster to implement those for Android.

1 Like

Spare a thought for Windows phone users waiting for an app :sob:

4 Likes

:grin: I feel for you

1 Like

Personally I have an iPhone in a cupboard that I hate and waited until Android app came before using my card

It does irritate me a little, but then I remember that the difference in price between what I paid for my android and what a colleague paid for his iPhone was almost enough to cover my flights to Tokyo and back next year.

That extra money has to come with some benefit for iPhone users, doesn’t it?

6 Likes

Nope! Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Slightly less explosive phones. :smirk:

6 Likes

I’ve been on android for years and never had a phone explode! I’d say more things but I don’t want to trigger the android vs apple war.

1 Like

Fair enough. And yet amusingly all of the recent top tier Android phones cost the same or in some cases more than Apple’s current range. Perception is everything.

2 Likes

Yeah, the price gap isn’t what it used to be. It’s just a case of them charging what they can, that’s why I’m happy that oneplus are offering decent phones quite cheap.

and Blü are good value

It’s not call Blandroid for nothing.

3 Likes

I’d really like to a see a feature matrix published. I’ve just started using Mondo on Android and whilst I know the app will improve and will become more feature rich I probably would have not bothered if I had realised just how basic it is at present.

Spend analysis and budgeting were my reason for going with Mondo as my current back is archaic when it comes to reporting but at present neither are really possible on Android.

Looking forward to updates to make it more useful!

5 Likes

You can sort of figure out the gaps based on the roadmap, although Targets for Android isn’t listed…

1 Like

I have to use one for work…

Our IT team asked me about a good Android Emulator to test out a new app on, and I recommended accordingly. I asked them about an app for the Windows Phones they issue us with…

The guy laughed, and said he thought they’d gone the way of the Dodo…:joy:

5 Likes

and less bendy than iPhones… :wink:

2 Likes

2014 is calling for you Ray. :wink:

5 Likes