Status of the Android app vs the iOS app

I have an iPhone 6S after having the S5/S4 sticky OS. Updates apps like FB everyday! Screen freeze. No an iPhone is the Rolls Royce of phones. Always giving. Never freezing. Simply the best. As for Tablets you can’t beat the screen of the Galaxy tabS 10 inch. Which I use for fun. Android are just far too messy.

1 Like

Sigh, unfortunately it has turned into an apple/Android bash fest.

As for the idea of a feature matrix, I like this idea, if only to see what is planned. The Android app is still in its adolescence and so I am intrigued to see what features are out there and will hopefully be ported over with time.

The road map does give a high level overview but possibly a lot of the nice features will not be included there? Rather the larger innovations.

This always happens. I have been on other forums and as soon as someone discussed Android, Windows phone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Microsoft or Samsung etc the Apple crowd would crawl out and start bashing :frowning:

I was always told if you can’t say anything good say nothing at all

4 Likes

On the contrary :slight_smile: The Android app is getting loads of love :smiley: Roadmap

It’s certainly behind (for now) but we get weekly updates, the Android Dev team is regrettably smaller than the iOS team… But they’re working on it as fast as they can :wink: And I’m sure some day it’ll feature-match the iOS version :smiley: Just a waiting game in the mean time, which makes me want to buy a really cheap iPhone just to get the latest and greatest features :joy:

3 Likes

Just a small point to add to this discussion, there are significantly more android users than iPhone so it would make commercial sense to drive that platform at least as fast

4 Likes

totally agree. it has been shown in market research that some companies have lost potential customers where they were foolish enough to only produce an app for one phone model rather than the whole spectrum of Android devices.

That’s why I stopped using my Monzo card, and me and wife using Revolut for the time being. Their android app does everything I need (I don’t know about their iOS app though)

I didn’t realise Revolut adds a 0.5% fee to exchange rate on fridays - although I did realise they have now added a fair usage fee anything above £500 a month ATM withdrawals cost +2%

1 Like

I did not know about Fridays. Well we mainly use it for budgeting purposes so no biggie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just joined. Have to admit the android app is looking a little bare at the moment. Was a bit disappointed after the excitement of receiving my card. Can’t wait for Targets to be added in.

1 Like

@hailstorm Apparently the 1.2 release is just around the corner, :eyes:

There was a blog about an Android update just over a week ago, introducing card replacements; :credit_card:

Also, further down that article, there was a quote from @tristan

This week we’ve also been working hard on version 1.2, which we’re very excited about! Can you guess what it might be?

I also messaged them earlier and they mentioned that they began testing the 1.2 release internally lastnight…

3 Likes

Nice. Looking forward to it

I wish I’d screenshotted it, but the changelog on Monday 31st Oct for the Monzo (Beta) Android App had something along the lines of; "We’re working hard to bring :chart_with_upwards_trend: (pulse graphs) :wink: next week!! :smiley: With the latest changelog from today, saying "We promise next week has much more exciting updates"
Well I for one and super duper excited!!! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Just can’t wait for Next Week’s Update for Android. Hope it will have a lot of awesome and much awaited features :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah Android needs much more attention. not much use to the android app yet

2 Likes

Agreed, in fact for me the instant notifications of transactions (which I’ve been told Santander now do) and the API are the only things that make Monzo worthwhile.

That said, we do have to remember it’s under active development, and rumour has it the android app is getting something exciting this week sometime.

3 Likes

:tada:

4 Likes

Good to get a spending summary at last.

It’s good to also be able to see Merchants in descending spend order when you click through to a subcategory.

Would be useful to be able to click on the grand total for the month and get the full transaction list or Merchant list, it’s a good way of seeing at a glance what your most expensive transactions were that month. Maybe in a future update?

I don’t know where you’ve heard that, but on my Santander app, it takes 3 working days for transactions to appear at all, let alone instant notifications!

1 Like