Start spending immediately after signup with Apple Pay

This is incredibly amazing. Wish I could signup again just to experience it :joy:

One more argument to convince people to join. Be certain I will fish good ones with that one.

Good news you’ve caught up with Starling in this. Just needs Google Pay support and replacement card support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I noticed that the Google pay add card button appeared in my app for a short time … Guessing the feature is being worked on !

4 Likes

My app still has that button.

This is a separate feature (google pay in-app provisioning) but we built it as part of the same project. With the “add to google pay” button in the Account screen you can add your currently active plastic card to your google wallet. It’s the same thing as adding it through the Google Pay app, but you can start the flow from within the Monzo app.

1 Like

My wife signed up over the weekend and immediately added the card to Google Pay. The card only arrived yesterday.

I missed this when I signed up in September as I’d previously experienced it when I joined Starling last year.

I would definitely appreciate it working for replacement card though. My Starling card was replaced 3 times this year due to retailer breeches. It was very inconvenient as I work away a lot so it can be a long time before I get access to the replacement physical card.

1 Like

Is this button supposed to disappear when the card is in the Google Wallet? If so, mine is still there…

As is mine :frowning:

not sure if I’ve missed something, signed up this morning, it took my ID, said come back in a bit then said it the account was ready and my card would be with me Friday - but no option that I can see to add Apple Pay ? if I launch the app I just get the ‘I/ve received my card’ screen

The button is supposed to disappear if you have a card in Google Wallet. We had issues with this because if you freeze your card it’s removed from Wallet, and after defrosting it (it’s added again) but our services were slow to pick up the change. And the button would still show.

I believe this is fixed. Let me know if it’s still happening.

Apple Pay in signup is rolled out to 100% of users. Can you tell me what version of the app you have?

The button is still showing for me. If I go through the flow, Google Pay tells me the card is already added.

im using version 2.22.0

all I see is this

Does this work for new Joint Accounts? I’ve just opened one and am waiting for the card but it would be great to be able to reap the benefits straight away!

It’s not a replacement card so I’m not sure whether this is covered under the same policy of ‘only for new users at the moment’. Having had a look around I can’t find any way to add to apple pay other than through the wallet app.

I may just have to wait a few days to start spending… First world problems!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Not yet!

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for joint accounts now. It’s only available when you signup for Monzo as a new user :+1:

Hey everyone - update on this issue. We found a bug that prevented some users to see the Apple Pay flow during signup. Sorry about that! This is now fixed. If you haven’t setup Apple Pay yet you can still do it from the “Manage Card” screen, just below the image your Card in the Account screen.

1 Like

2.23 is the current version?

Yes it went out this week for iOS and Android :+1:

1 Like

My brother just signed up on 2.33 and wasn’t offered apple pay. He is under 18 if that makes a difference?