Starling Feedback

It’s insane, that’s why!

Probably only cost £20 if that.

I ship stuff globally on the daily and for a card I’d never expect to see that cost.

3 Likes

Yes, but this is manually picked from the production line using state of the art “opposable thumb technology” - Patent pending.

These things add up…

4 Likes

There are two things here.

1. The fee itself (which we’ve discussed before - my view is that it is distasteful and shows Starling in a bad light. But others may have different opinions).

2. This particular circumstance. Here, while I might dislike the fee, if the user agreed to it knowing what the charge was then I don’t see that Starling has done anything wrong. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Because Starling cancelled it.

Well, they haven’t really cancelled it, they just sent a replacement card to the customer, and the old card would only stop working after the customer activates the new card. So they could have continued using the old card while overseas.

1 Like

Agree. Company I work for its about £12…but that will be down to volume.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts - 1/10/18

One thought I just had about Starling, I never ever heard back about the accessibility issues I raised about the new cards. Whilst James was around, he was very proactive about trying to remedy my fears, and sent out a test card that I could have a look at and report back on.

I told James that the card was basically unreadable for me, and very hard to use. I understood they were working on a plan to deal with this, but in the meantime, if I had to get my purple card replaced, I would get a practically unreadable and unusable teal card. Never really heard back from Starling, or got a proper response other than “we’re working on it”.

Meanwhile, Monzo is the complete opposite here, and the card is beautifully accessible.

7 Likes

I think it’s perfectally reasonable of the customer wanted to pay the £60 to get card sent abroad that’s their choice. I personally wouldn’t pay it but it’s up to the individual as the current card would work till the replacement was activated.

2 Likes

Not sure you have much of a choice, if you are abroad and need a card you need it sent to you. Starling don’t keep the old card active for ever if they replace it for fraud reasons. Everyone keeps on about your old one still works, yes for a limited amount of time.

3 Likes

Really? Where did you find that information? Not saying you are wrong, but that’s not what Starling told me.

They said the card would have carried on working until the new one was activated, and that the customer didn’t need to order one until he was back in the country.

It wouldn’t be the first time a CS message was wrong though, so keen to know where your info comes from.

1 Like

I would have thought it would be like Monzo, old one works till new one arrives and is activated

2 Likes

With Starling it all depends who you ask on what you get told. However seems stupid to replace a card because of potential fraud but allowing you to use the old one until it expires, if that is the case, why replace it ? I understand when they replace your card at expiry they keep the old one active, the old one will become expired automatically anyway.

I know for a fact a number of other banks, will only keep your old one active for a maximum of one month.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Reopening this topic now that I’ve removed a few posts.

Let’s please keep it on topic and remember the Code of Conduct.

Thanks all :hot_coral_heart:

4 Likes

Starling want me back - they’ve sent an email to people who haven’t used their accounts for a while

Unfortunately I’ve gone fullmonzo since last using my Starling card, so I probably won’t be using Starling much any time soon. That said, I have no bad feeling towards Starling and anything could happen in the future…

4 Likes

Dunno if it’s a big deal to you, but I was able to get your email address from that link … might want to do a screenshot instead.

3 Likes

changed. thanks!

2 Likes