Starling Discussion & Feedback

OK. Shame. If you can’t evidence the point you were making, it makes it very difficult to believe [at face value].

I saw it, it’s true.

It’s on the forum but they probably deleted it like their outages with GPS that don’t happen :eyes:

5 Likes

Which suggests I’m lying, but let’s leave it there eh?

1 Like

Not at all. I am not insinuating you’re lying, but I can’t just accept your word it happened. I thought I politely asked for your source, the inference you added I’m afraid.

That’s ok. There’s no need for you to accept my word. I was just about to suggest the point is moot, but I can never remember quite what that means :thinking:

Did you mean a source from this forum?

1 Like

Public Service Announcement.

Funnily enough, I sent a tweet to Anne on that but she never responded. It’s a shame they don’t put those figures out there. Especially when they say/

At Starling, we pride ourselves on our culture of openness and transparency

https://www.starlingbank.com/blog/gender-pay-gap/

5 Likes

Yes that’s the thing, but I’m sure there was a lot more chat involving ethics and morals and the like.

1 Like

Your memory does not fail you. It may have been discussed on both forums but I think on one (I am not sure if Monzo or Starling) it was quite a few posts in one thread

2 Likes

Thanks @Anarchist.

For the avoidance of doubt.

If someone says “Such and such happened” I tend to ask (if it’s not obvious) “Can you please show me where that occurred?” Taking claims at face value on a public forum is what causes folk to fly off the handle.

If the response comes back as “I dunno” I don’t immediately think the person is a liar. But I do weight their claim very lightly when evaluating the whole scenario.

It’s called looking at, and weighing up, the evidence. Something sadly lacking in a lot of posters in this forum.

4 Likes

Thanks Richard - thought I was losing it…:flushed:

3 Likes

If every recollection and post was backed up with footnotes and scientific papers and links to lofty broadsheets the forum would be a tedious read!

3 Likes

Next time I’ll come better prepared. :relieved:

1 Like

That, it is, Jamie.

I expect slides

(Not the kind you slide down)

1 Like

I can do slides. A bit of audio thrown in?

1 Like

Only if done in a 1970s Open Uni at 2am style

2 Likes

I’ll get my kipper tie and flares.

2am!!! :flushed:

3 Likes

Can you prove you have a kipper tie? Can I get a source please? I’m not saying you’re a liar…but…

2 Likes

2 Likes