Spooky auto update of new Monzo card on Kickstarter

New to monzo implementing it I imagine.

MasterCard offer the service but it’s up the the individual banks if they want to implement it into their offering?

That’s all quite true. Albeit I forgot about the pledge and when the failed payment notifications started up andI realised I wasn’t able to afford to go ahead with it, I wanted to rely on the time limit Kickstarter have for you to fix the pledge before it’s considered failed.

As another user has said, regardless of that, I am entirely unhappy with Kickstarter being able to get hold of my new debit card details without my giving them. That’s not okay for me under any circumstances and I will challenge that on principle. I don’t care if what they did was to take payment on an agreed pledge (which sits in an as yet legally untested grey area anyway because they would have to challenge me in my jurisdiction which then puts them at the mercy of the EU Commission paying attention to how they operate. I’m pretty sure they won’t want that) they don’t get to circumvent banking security to do it.

1 Like

Well, they’re not “circumventing banking security” if they’re using a legitimate facility the bank itself offers, but I see your point.

5 Likes

The labs feature and CPAs are two different things.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’ve already contacted support, I’m sure the team will figure out what happened here.

Out of interest: was your old card added to Apple or Google Pay?

It was, but when I froze the original I removed from google pay. I’ve seen reference to that somewhere in the forums, about google pay auto updating according to how you manage your card. So when I got the new one I had to set it up from scratch.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.