[SPOILER] BBC reveal the new doctor

well well well this guy looks like he may well be a good doctor if he gets the good stories

4 Likes

Very talented actor. Great news.

4 Likes

He was excellent in Sex Education.

4 Likes

hopefully he gets good story lines better than jodie got

3 Likes

Never heard of him. But then I had never heard of Jodie Whittaker before Doctor Who either :rofl:

3 Likes

not having watched the thing hes in on netflix i cant say ive heard of him either , but i have to say i can hear the haters already sadly

I made the mistake of reading the comments section of The Telegraph web site about this (free subscription given to me by my dad - would not have bought it for myself) already has the Alf Garnettā€™s of this world complaining about ā€œwhite cultureā€ disappearing and the usual moaning about woke brigades, etc.

I think Mr. Gatwa is going to be a fine Doctor. I havenā€™t seen him in Sex Education or anywhere else, but having looked at various interviews, he certainly has the personality and gumption for the role. I think heā€™s going to do just fine. I kind of get a Matt Smith feeling about him - heā€™s going to have lots of manic energy.

7 Likes

Only fair to give him a crack at the role and see what he makes of it. I donā€™t know the chap but love Dr. Who. We need a good one next. R-

3 Likes

My other half told me who was replacing the Doctor and the first thing I said was oh I canā€™t wait to see all the comments on this (sarcasm) So petty and ridiculous.

6 Likes

Ncuti is such a wonderful actor! I havenā€™t watched Dr Who since I was a tiny kid but I am definitely going to watch his first episode. :heart::heart::heavy_plus_sign::blue_square:

4 Likes

The guy lookis the part , just a shame the knucle draggers have started their rubbish before hes even started , can you imagine the out cry if he had been coloured and gay OMG lol they would have blew their tops

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see him in Dr. Who - Jodie had a few good episodes, most were just Meh, personally I really like her Kablam episode.

Iā€™m hearing good things on here

2 Likes

I agree, hence why I stopped watching.

I canā€™t wait for them to find out that Peter Davison is mixed race.

1 Like

do you want them to have a heart attack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If the new guyā€™s Dr Who characterisation is anything like his Sex Education character, race is going to be the least of their worries.

3 Likes

yeah i dont think jodie got a fair crack at the whip with the stores most of the time you were left thinking wtf did i just watch ā€¦ the bbc has a habbit though of trying to kill of the doctor at times

1 Like

Yes please. Do you think this will do the job?

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

ha ha ha omg the poor knuckle draggers heads will explode reading that :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah - this is the problem with Jodieā€™s time as the Doctor. I think itā€™s not her and actually the issue was with Chris Chibnell, the current producer.

I think the problem with the last few seasons has been that Chris Chibnell probably wrote bad fanfic when he was younger. When he took charge, he thought that fanfic would be great for the show - like the whole 'actually thereā€™s been hundreds of reincarnations of the Doctor that they donā€™t remember and secretly theyā€™re the whole reason why the Timelords exist nonsense.

Chris can be a talented writer (Broadchurch proved that). But he was a hack with Doctor Who. I wouldā€™ve liked Jodie to have a season under a different producer to see what she could really deliver.

4 Likes