Space X Starship TestFlight

Anyone going to be watching this today? There’s something about the space X ones that just get me giddy. Most excited I’ve been since the car went into space.

Stream starts at 1:15pm, targeting a 2pm launch.

4 Likes

Yes, hugely excited to see this launch!

1 Like

Yep - I’m streaming it as well.

Lift off now aiming for 2.20 uk time.

1 Like

Watching with excitement here too. Love this.
Now ‘proper live’

(If you like the music while on ‘SpaceX hold’ prior to going live, it’s Test Shot Starfish)

2 Likes

reminds me, saw this recently.

1 Like

No launch today

1 Like

shame

1 Like

18 mins…

4 Likes

Completely forgot it was happening again today! Thank you!

1 Like

I need to get up but I know at any moment it’s 40 seconds away!

It’s already 2 mins into the flight!

As I posted I heard over-excited Americans cheering :smiley:

1 Like

Another RUD, but an impressive mid-air one :boom:

2 Likes

They seemed pleased enough with just the lift-off and a couple of minutes flight. R-

1 Like

Looks like we could well not be getting another launch this year, I’ve been looking and there is damage is all over launch complex.

3 vertical LOX containers are damaged with one leaking, the launch mount now has a massive hole below it (ideal for the inevitable flame trench they’re gonna need) and a few of the hold down clamps have blew off the OLM and are now sitting on top of it, that would explain a significant tilt and powerslide at liftoff.

God I love rockets

2 Likes

I’d have thought they’d have a few launch sites ready? I’m not sure this is the one they did the static test at was it? Which would have caused just as much damage to the launchpad?

They’re currently building a launch site adjacent to their Falcon 9/Heavy site at Pad 39A in Florida, but very much doubt NASA will let them do testing there after yesterday’s demonstration.

Not at least until they have built the flame diverter and got the deluge system implemented.

trim.09FCE61F-6185-46B1-B950-FDB0519426D6

That minivan owner is gonna have an interesting phone call conversation with their insurer

“You parked WHERE?”

2 Likes

Probably testing the hammerproof glass which is supposedly fitted to Cybertrucks :rofl:
Going off that footage, that failed too.

2 Likes

just seen this, all that’s left of the lateral support ring is the rebar, concrete be gone :magic_wand: