SpaceX

Looks like all the hard work they’ve been doing has paid off, landed a contact with NASA to land on the Moon.

3 Likes

They’ll pull that one off fairly easily. He won’t stop until we do the same to Mars, but that’s an entirely different story of killer variables!

2 Likes

That’s if they can get past their own satellites :smiley:

3 Likes

I must admit, the whole interaction between SLS and HLS still confuses me. With the Apollo missions previously being a single vehicle, my brain can’t cope!

As I understand it, SLS basically gets humans into a lunar orbit onboard Orion. Then this has to dock with HLS (ie Starship) which ferries astronauts to the moon?

I don’t quite understand how this ‘Lunar Gateway’ which is also proposed fits in nor how Starship HLS is going to stay in space and be refuelled - I guess it’s not ever going to return to Earth? :man_shrugging:

Either way, going to be an interesting ride with SpaceX on board!

Wenhop? :grinning:

Out there isn’t power from solar generally?
Pretty sure the ISS has a load of panels on it?

And be able to land one without it going boom

1 Like

What I still have to remind myself about SpaceX, is they have normalised the reuse and landing of rockets.

They do it just as naturally as people take off and land in planes.

It is mind blowing. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Thankfully plane landings are a tad more reliable.

1 Like

Just watched the live NASA cast of the delayed data receipt & images of the Mars helicopter. Very impressive. In a few decades there’ll be drones taking tourists around craters on Mars.

Amazon deliveries too.

1 Like

And a super league team

3 Likes

Anyone planning to watch the Big Orange Rocket attempt to lift off at lunchtime?

:rocket:

:+1: :rocket: :crescent_moon:

Going well so far, and true to form, with a hydrogen leak when they’ve started fuelling :man_shrugging:

What time/where can I watch? :eyes:

Go to NASA’s youtube channel and select one of the Live Streams and it is on their… or SpaceFlightNow have coverage as well…

Launch is scheduled for approx 12.33 UTC

1 Like

Can recommend NASAspaceflight’s coverage on YouTube too.

Still not confident it’s going anywhere today though :man_shrugging:

Looks like there might be a problem.

Countdown suspended. R-

1 Like

Scrubbed. Silly Orange Rocket.

Scrubbed again. Silly Orange Rocket.

5 Likes