Sort Code

I hope so - if they let us pick our own account numbers, I’ve got a couple I’d like…

2 Likes

It’s a fun idea that I’d personally love to offer. We’re looking into the feasibility at the moment.

17 Likes

Love the sort code!!

That would be awesome! I just can’t think of which 8 digit number I’d use if it were on offer :joy:

1 Like

Other than the sort code being easy to remember… what makes it so special? I mustn’t have watched something :thinking:

1 Like

Think it might be 404 Error or some star wars ref?

4th be with you etc etc

Hum, maybe someone can clarify aha!!

04-00-40 would have been a lovely palindrome.

1 Like

You could have a date in form yyyymmdd as your account number, not sure that gives enough options though :slight_smile:

Pretty sure that would also be a security risk.

Would depend what date you pick I suppose, your own date of birth not ideal (but part of public records anyway)

The 04-00-04 is a good sort code - I see Starling bank has gone for 04-00-40 nothing quite like confusing customers

2 Likes

My Starling sort code is 60-83-71.

2 Likes

Same here. But checking the faster payment scheme, it seems they also have 04-00-40.

4 Likes

Was just about to post just that. I corroborate same info.

2 Likes

They clearly have to try and copy Monzo at every oppoutunity, kinda saddens me. Wonder when that sort code was registered compared with Monzo’s :thinking:

Might just be that the 04-00-** block is most available to new banks, and they were trying to get something with similar digits. I’m glad that :monzo: got -04, as I agree that ending in -40 just makes it more confusing rather than more memorable!

My thoughts are opposite if I’m honest. 040 040. Though I guess it’s six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I’m not fussed either way, a sort code is a sort code and once it’s in a list of payee’s it doesn’t really matter what the digits are.

1 Like

Good point, I hadn’t thought of breaking it up as 3-3 digits. Clearly lacking lateral thinking. :wink: I guess I like easy sort codes for when I need to give out details to someone else. Especially as sort code and account number won’t be on the cards. Now I just need to bag a memorable account number. :wink:

1 Like

It is easy to perceive 04-00-40 as being divided by a mirror 04-0|0-40 so easier to visualise than the current Starling sortcode which is totally unmemorable

1 Like