Sorry it's a question about frying pans

I’ve always gone for tefal pans and they are for the most part pretty good but they are only good for a couple of years, after that they gradually get worse and it’s time for a replacement.

I did pick up a small stone pan for omelettes about a year ago and it’s really good. I can’t comment on the lifespan yet but I’m tempted to replace my tefal pans with more stone ones because it’s that good

Take a look at https://www.procook.co.uk… it’s probably a bit more expensive than Amazon but they have a great range and they seem pretty decent?

I’m not sure on all the differences between the ranges they do… but we’ve got a few of the ‘ceramic’ ones and they’re very nice!

1 Like

I expected this topic to be about the search function on here :rofl: :mag_right:

2 Likes

I just got some Scoville pans from Argos, they do the job well

Really depends on how often you cook and how seriously you take it.

If you’re a casual/occasional cool then a non stick pan from Tefal is going to last a long time (assuming you look after it) and there’s not going to be a benefit to spending a lot more on another brand.

If you’re more serious then get a decent cast iron pan, season it properly and you’ll have it for the rest of your life. If you know what you’re doing a properly seasoned cast iron pan is as likely to stick as a non stick coated one.

I have 2 Eaziglide frying pans and an Eaziglide wok that I’ve found to be excellent. Dishwasher safe but I always wash by hand which keeps them pristine. Oh, and never use them with metal utensils :+1:

I searched…
frying

1 Like

I had a five year old Tefal non-stick, which wasn’t really non-stick anymore, and had also become so warped that it hardly touched the ceramic hob anymore (though would have been fine for gas). Decided to replace it with a ceramic non-stick frying pan. Similarly to @Paul8, I found Procook to be a good place to buy it. I also topped up on some banking items, which made me eligible for a free gift (good quality cooking knife) and free delivery.

I’m happy with ceramic. It takes a while longer to heat up, but does have a sense of quality and durability that were missing from my old one.

I would recommend Lodge cast iron pans. They are fantastic. If you look after them they will last you forever. Their carbon steel ones are also good.

1 Like

Mrs still loves her non stick pans but I’m firmly in the stainless steel tri-ply camp. A good pan can be quite pricey, but it really is a case of buy once and buy well.

1 Like

Lodge are great if you’re in the USA. If you’re in the UK then they’re rather pricey to import and other alternatives are available. My cast iron pan is from Victor, about half the price a similar sized Lodge would’ve been and works just as well.

Good to know :+1:

1 Like

In case it helps anyone I ended up ordering this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XVGSSXB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

I’ve become a fan of carbon steel pans of late.

The brand Be Buyer or Mafter do well. They have all the great non stick Ness (after seas seasoning) as cast iron, but are far lighter.

Nisbit do a range that are about £15 each (called Vogue).

They’ve become pretty much my go to pan for most purposes.

Not pan related, but maybe using Fry-Light might help with any future pan problem? a couple of sprays can go a long way

I got the tefal ones as the handles clip on and off great for storage :laughing:

https://www.dunelm.com/product/tefal-ingenio-14-piece-complete-set-1000117979?defaultSkuId=30571290&branchCode=0045&&cm_mmc=pla_google--Cook_Pots%20and%20Pans%5BGOO-LIA-COOK-POTSPANS%5D--Pots%20and%20Pans_Bestsellers--keyword&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SViSRfgZQ5xdHBChhN7XX1YzquuYnneVmiHfxeCwCyFvOX40OAAvghoC6mwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought this about 3 weeks ago and it is brilliant! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zyliss-Non-Stick-Frying-Aluminium-Black/dp/B074JSFTV8/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=1RB0RNVB6WGZC&dchild=1&keywords=non+stick+frying+pan&qid=1590501877&sprefix=non+st%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE5VU9MUUNNSjdBWE4mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1ODgyNTEyNE9ZTDZHTDVPNEo1JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4ODEzMjUyWEE5TTdPUjlZOFBKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Used my ProCook carbon skillet under the grill yesterday, at 250 degrees, and was amazed that this was possible, as it never previously occurred to me that skillets could be used that way.

I definitely think carbon is the way forward. All the flexibility of iron, but with non-stick properties as well.