Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2022

It’s Black Friday next week so I just wondered what people are looking out for? :eyes: or are there any good deals upcoming that you know about?

I’m going to try and get a new TV :tv:, nothing fancy, ~42" if anyone spots anything?

Possibly a phone :iphone: too for my partner for Christmas.

1 Like

I have vouchers with an employer but I have to convert them to a merchant in advance, after:

Hoover
Smart thermostat
Air fryer

What would you say is the best horse to back?

1 Like

I’ll be looking to renew my Letterboxd membership, and possibly sign up for Pcloud. Other than that, will probably be trying to save my money as there’s nothing I really need. I used to look at hoovers every year but have given up on that, the deals on those are never good enough (to the point in some cases of not even being actual deals when looking at normal prices).

2 Likes

All those have potential to have some good deals. Google Store usually has a discount if you were interested in a Nest Thermostat?

I forgot to mention for the gamers on here, there’s a good deal on Playstation Plus subscription going live next week:

• PS Plus Essential — £33.34 using £35 PSN Credit and paying the difference on your card.
  • PS Plus Extra — £56.70 using £50 and £15 PSN Credit.
  • PS Plus Premium — £65.70 using £50 and £25 PSN Credit.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-plus-essential-12-month-membership-ps3334-with-psn-credit-at-playstation-store-4026807

I’m absolutely staying clear, however, if something catches my eye at a nice discount.

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712

I do want some LED daytime running lights and fog lights to replace the full units on my car. So if they have a discount, just maybe.

3 Likes

Something really dull, a decent slow cooker. Not that they cost that much to start with!

3 Likes

Pandora have done 20% in previous years, so hoping for that.

And a big Lego storage head

Could be a dryer, ours might be done, joys of being grown up.

1 Like

Smart thermostat.

55” TV to upgrade my 8 year old 1080p TV!

Should I go Mini LED or OLED?
Can spend up to £1200

• Mini LED
  • OLED

0 voters

1 Like

£1 to spare

1 Like

I didnt know mini led was a thing :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the most expensive OLED I’m considering. There are also a few cheaper OLED options starting at £799 I think.

Mini LED options are £799 to £999.

My understanding of main pros/cons - Brighter than OLED. Better contrast, colour accuracy and viewing angles than regular LED, although not as good as OLED. More expensive than regular LED. Cheaper than OLED (although difference not that big for smaller screen sizes such as 55"). Absence of potential burn-in issues present with OLEDs. Theoretically greater lifespan than OLED.

1 Like

Or you could save £200 and get the C1

1 Like

Just noticed their promo is up.

1 Like

How fast are the uploads etc with pcloud?
My biggest issue with a lot of cloud storage has been the terrible upload and download rates killing its usefulness.

1 Like

I’m so torn on whether to get a Sonos Beam or not, We’ve been using a cheap soundbar a family member gave us when we purchased our new tv because although the picture is excellent the sound is terrible, I’ve been looking at Soundbars for quite some time, The Beam gen 2 has quite a handsome saving in BF deals, i’m trying to think oof ways to get it without the other half murdering me

2 Likes

Anyone have a Sonos ray? Any good?

PayPal have one upped Monzo flex. The 4 month interest free offer that’s always available is now 12 months for Black Friday. It’s not an instalment thing either. Just make the minimum repayments and then pay off in full 12 months later after earning 5% in a savings account.

Edit: just read the fine print. Only with eBay and select other merchants.

1 Like

I purchased the Beam a few months ago. It has been excellent. Pairs nicely with my One’s - so it’s it gets used a lot more than just for TV. The connection was seamless.

2 Likes