Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

Bit of a weird one but has anybody else had any issues using their Virtual Cards on Amazon? Iā€™ve tried to order 3 separate times using them and every time Amazon come back and say the order has been declined due to the payment method. Iā€™ve just re-entered the card details and entered the correct billing address and Amazon have now locked my account for security and require me to send them a bank statementā€¦

My main Monzo card seems to work no problem and my virtual cards seem to work fine everywhere else?

that sounds like Amazonā€™s not liking the virtual card attached to your account?
If so I suspect others would have similar experience.

It is a single data point, but I have a virtual card on my Amazon account and it has been used many times.

Was there anything else new on the Amazon account that might have flagged such as new device or delivery address?

I donā€™t recall anyone else saying they donā€™t work on Amazon.

Itā€™s weird and I canā€™t seem to figure out why Amazon isnā€™t accepting the virtual cards.

@kolok I was trying to get it ordered to an Amazon Locker (although which I have used previously) so I wouldnā€™t of thought that would of been the problem?

Maybe double check billing address is the same as what it is in the Monzo app?

Did it show as declined in the monzo app? If yes then message them in app and maybe they can dig deeper.

Do you mean corrected it slightly or totally new address, if it was a new one then maybe it declined previously because of the address , and now a previously seen declined card with a new address tripped a flag.

Yeah, the billing address is exactly the same as what Monzo hold so not sure itā€™s that.

@kolok Not declined in the Monzo app, still shown as pending when I generate a statement. Itā€™s a mystery!

Definitely contact monzo then , let us know the outcome if possible.

Itā€™s really strange that itā€™s on your statement but not in the app.

1 Like

Hi team,
I am new in Monzo community.
I would like to ask if I can open Monzo Travel Card in dollars ? I am planning to travel in different countries in Africa, and having dollars account and card will be the easiest.
Thank you

Monzo donā€™t do travel cards. Itā€™s just a normal UK bank.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

First of all, you may want to remove your email address from the public forum - the safest way is to delete the post as otherwise the forum will display your edit history.

Second of all, as Monzo isnā€™t publicly traded you need their express permission to sell shares. They havenā€™t been very forthcoming with these as far as I know and you would only get it if you have a very, very good reason for selling

There is a thread specifically for buying/selling shares where you can post this but not sure about the rules for that

Hi,

Youā€™re best off emailing as all Iā€™ve seen them dealing with here is deleting community forum accounts, not bank accounts.

I believe they legally have to keep a copy of your details for a few years minimum.

3 Likes

6, I think

1 Like

Doesnā€™t the GDPR right to be forgotten (which applies in UK and EU) overrule this? If someone asks to be forgotten, then I believe they have to be. And this is a clear right to be forgotten case

Source: Right to erasure | ICO

As mentioned I believe they need to keep this information on file by law. Could be wrong but Iā€™m fairly certain they do.

1 Like

No.

Just imagine - people would take out huge loans and then demand to be forgotten and have their data erased.

There are exemptions.

3 Likes

The GDPR Right to be forgotten does not apply to Monzo as a bank has to hold customer details for regulatory reasons for at test 7 years

how do i speak to customer services?
i am lost.

jeff