Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

What’s happening when you try to open chat? Are you on the latest version?

Can you try a reinstall :speak_no_evil:

Not sure they’re being secretive - they’re probably not allowed to talk about it. Good article here: https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/17/monzo-apple-pay/

‘Likely because Apple imposes strict rules on the ways its partners communicate working with the tech giant. And when you sign an NDA with Apple it’s not atypical for it to stipulate that you don’t talk about said NDA.’

‘What we do know is that — similar to Apple’s iOS App Store when submitting an app — the Apple Pay approval process for a new bank partner is not for the faint-hearted. Industry insiders tell me that Google Pay has fewer hurdles to jump in comparison.’

1 Like

What is Open AI and what can you do with it?

Hi Beth, thanks a reinstall did the job :+1:

1 Like

And this emergency version will be all that’s ever built? Or will it be noticed as viable product for your customers and also given some attention in the future?

Yeah that was always the theory, but I can’t see why that would still matter now

2 Likes

Because it’s Apple. They do things in a restricted, ‘their-way-or-no-way’ manner. Always have and probably always will!

Who knows? Nothing is set in stone in the Monzo world, but right now I don’t think they have any plans beyond that - but please correct me if I’m wrong.

You’re right; we never say never :wink:

3 Likes

I know. That’s why it annoys me when people call them an IT company. Anyway, it does seem to be different to the experiences of others such as Starling, so would be fascinating to know. I know Starling didn’t write their processor, but I can’t see why that would lead to secrecy.

2 Likes

Hi, I just downloaded the app and I was trying to verify my phone number with the verification code that they send to you. It always says that something went wrong and it couldn’t verify my phone number. What should I do?

Thanks

Email help@monzo.com and explain the issue they will sort this for you.

Did you get this sorted?

If you already have an account with us it sounds like you’re using the wrong email to login :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hi I have applied for Monzo card but basically I haven’t finished my card setup I have to put pin for the card. I am not sure about it so, I want to can cel my card I don’t want it
My name is faheem khan shaheen
Please can u cancel it for me I don’t know how to cancel
Thank you

You mean you’re unsure as you need to set a PIN up? All cards need a pin so you can use them at cash machines or at chip and pin terminals, all you’re doing is setting the pin for the card.

To cancel email help@monzo.com

I just don’t want to make card

Ok, just email them and they can either cancel the application or close your account depending what stage your application is at

Bit weird that you download the app, fill in your details and then decide to cancel without even trying it…

8 Likes

Hello there,
I just found out about Monzo and it’s really interesting. I am a Spaniard living in UK and I need a English bank account because my Spanish one is just a nightmare. So, my question is - I am living in Manchester and that’s the address I’ve put in the App log in, but later today I will update the picture of my Passport, where it still says I live in Spain. Is that going to be a problem?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Nope, you just need ID to show that your name is your name. As long as you’ve got a UK address and you’ve put that into the app as your address, you’re set and your card’ll be sent to the UK address

6 Likes