Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

In my mind itā€™s because they employ this guy at the weekend

imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/l41lUJ1YoZB1lHVPG/giphy.gif

20 Likes

Do Monzo charge for cheques that are paid in and bounce i.e. they have been cancelled?

2 Likes

What happened was that we released it on May 17th and itā€™s been available for all iOS users ever since :grinning:

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to say no based off the fact there are no charges listed anywhere in the app or website. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Oh Simon! Simon, Simon. Business schools the world over are waiting for this case study. Are you trying not to ruin Tomā€™s future book deal? :wink:

OK Iā€™ll try an easier question: Who were the other Mondo? (Or is that an earlier chapter of the same book?) :yum:

4 Likes

This is great. People are too often afraid to ask ā€˜dumbā€™ questions because we generally learn it from school. But thereā€™s power in them there dumb questions :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But banks do charge though thatā€™s the thing.

1 Like

The horrible banks do :grin:. To put it another way Iā€™d be very disappointed if I got a surprise charge from Monzo for something like this when theyā€™ve been so so clear with all their other fees. Hence why it would be somewhere easy to find in the app or website

2 Likes

As would I but no one from Monzo seems to be able to answer if there is a charge or notā€¦

It would seem weird if Monzo was unwilling to confirm that. But if a charge isnā€™t advertised anywhere - and I certainly canā€™t find mention of a bounced cheque charge - Iā€™d think that theyā€™d struggle enforcing it, donā€™t you think?

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve read somewhere that there is no charge.

Nope :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It is always good to keep a copy of any cheque posted off for deposit as when the cheque bounces you have evidence to submit in a small claims court case against the person owing you money.

2 Likes

Hi Monzo Community,
can anyone help please, i have a monzo card
I can only get Monzo app on my brothers nexus 10 tablet,
i have a samsung alpha mobile phone and a hp p6 computer i3,
i have tried to install Monzo app but both devices are said to be incompatible .
any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
David

Only works on android 5 (lollipop) and above, but sometime relatively soon it will have to be marshmallow and above, there is no web version and iOS 10 and above for Apple devices.

Which version is your Samsung using?

1 Like

only android. 4.4.4,
thanks for reply

1 Like

Theyā€™re working on an emergency web version which will cover freezing card and last transaction list. Should be in the next few months :crossed_fingers:which should help you keep up to date when you canā€™t persuade your brother to lend you his tablet

1 Like

Rat_au_van,
thanks for your help.
at least i know now.
thanks again.
David

1 Like

Why was there so little communication on the status of Apple Pay integration until it was launched?

Iā€™ve heard mention of an NDA, but was it really that limiting?

1 Like

Yeah, good luck with that one :joy:

1 Like