Shared Pots - where did it go!

(Oli Braithwaite) #1

What happened to this? There was a sneak peak so they must have been working on it to a certain point?

I love the idea of a shared pot so for trips with friends, buying a gift or a going out jar this would be brilliant.

Being able to save up with a friend (no joint account required & on the fly) would be brilliant.

Request directly into pots
(Colin Robinson) #3

Payments > Share ?

1 Like
(Oli Braithwaite) #4

I am thinking more for saving, this is assuming the item is purchased. Shared Tabs is good but I want the ability to share the Pot the save together

1 Like

I think Shared Pots would be really useful for collecting money to buy gifts or for group holidays (basically collecting money for anything too expensive for one person to spot the money up front then use a Shared Tab).

Dutch bank Bunq recently built a version of Shared Pots which looks really good.

You can see how it works here:

This feature gets my vote.

3 Likes
(Oli Braithwaite) #6

That is exactly what my suggestion is! :+1:t2:

1 Like
(Nathan) #7

Definitely has its on use case compared to shared tabs… id use it for fittingly a holiday to iceland with my gf :joy:

1 Like
(Ashley Moat) #8

Would love this…

1 Like

I’m new to Monzo and couldn’t stop thinking about this last night… I came here to see if it had already been suggested and am glad to see it was being worked on. This would be an amazing feature… would love to know if it’s still in the pipeline.

3 Likes
(phill royle) #10

I agree with everything above - it would be so useful for me to be able to save as a group. Currently I use PayPal Pools, which I find almost unusable, I’m sure Monzo will do a better job.

Is it currently being worked on or prioritised?

More votes increased the chance that Shared Pots get brought to the attention of Monzo staff. You can vote for this feature by scrolling to the top of the post and clicking the vote button at the top left.

1 Like
(Filip) #12

I’d die for this feature.

I’d also die if my partner desided to take all of the money from the shared pot :imp:

Don’t forget to vote for the feature at the top of the topic.

1 Like

Revolut have now built their version of Shared Pots:

2 Likes