Shared Savings Tab

Hi,

Everyone in our office now has Monzo. :sunglasses:

We’re now in the process of booking our 2019 Christmas Doo. As part of that process every month from now until the event we’ll all put money aside…

Much like the “Shared Tabs” could there be a way we could create a “Shared Savings Tab”

Select you who want in the tab, then everyone can pay in what they want when they want safe in the knowledge that the Savings Tab will keep a record of what everyone has paid and the total they have saved. If someone wants to leave, no problem they can just get their money back…

Could also have nice touches like a target amount with a totaliser?

Would be great for groups going away together aswell… A Stag/Hen Doo Savings Tab is set up so everyone can start putting money as and when they have it… :beer:

Or even parents setting up a Joint Savings tab saving for family etc…

IMO the account the funds are held in doesn’t need to be interest paying…

I’d be keen to know what you think… :thinking:

This feature has been suggested previously. You can vote for it here:

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Or (and call me old–fashioned) adults could sort their own savings out, by themselves?

It’s a nicer experience if everyone can transparently see who’s paid what when sorting out a group holiday.

2 Likes

Totally!

However if the group is saving for a common goal or occasion it helps build that excitiement early on…

I also think you’d get a better savings participation than you would compared if you saved on your own…

I know I would be less inclined to remove any of my hard earned savings I’d put away for a trip for something maybe not so important if I was close to our savings target…

There is another post about this which includes a video from a Dutch bank that already does this… That explains it better than I ever could… :joy:

1 Like