Share your feedback on 'Budget Categories'

Hey everyone :wave:

My name is Lee and I’m a Designer on the on Business Banking team.

This is my first post here :tada:and I’d love to take the opportunity to share some early exploration on something the team is currently thinking about. Budgeting categories .

There is a lot we want to cover in the future such as setting rules, creating custom categories, powering up budgeting / forecasting tools, as well as making your bookkeeping and reconciliation simpler.

We’ve spoken to a number of you already and as a first step we’d like to introduce key categories that are relevant to a business. This includes creating income categories as well as the existing group of categories.

We’re hoping this first iteration will make bookkeeping and reconciliation simpler whilst also powering a more contextual summary view of your business account.

Here’s how the experience could look :eyes:

Income categories:

Spend categories:

We know every business is different, and so would love to know what you think.

1. Do incoming and spend categories cover the transactions you’d need to categorise for your business?
  2. Are any categories missing for your particular needs (of which you can’t map to a pre-set category)?
  3. Would seeing the category label on the transaction feed be important to you? (we don’t currently display this)
  4. How else would you like to use data from your categories (beyond setting targets, viewing cash flow etc?

Please feel free to DM me if you’d rather not thread your response, we’d love to hear any feedback you have whilst we’re exploring this.

Cheers all!

Lee

7 Likes

I think that one think that would be very useful would be being able to classify transfers to and from Pots with a budget category.