Selling Shares

(Paul) #1

Hi All,

I’m looking to offload some shares (1949 + 249 = 2,198 total) and am looking for £5+.

I would like to offer these in an open, transparent and fair environment so if you are interested let me know and I’ll add you to the mechanism I choose to find market value. Slack/Telegram channel, whatsapp group, email chain etc… Time limited and best offer will be successful.

Cheers.

I think you need to reach out to Monzo ahead of selling, might be worth checking first !

(Michael Oliver) #3

Why would he need permission? Surely these are shares that are Nominee Ordinary shares, held in a nominee account, so he is free to do what he wants with them?

(Dan) #4

The Articles of Association, which the company and all shareholders are bound to, specifically states that permission is required by the board unless the shares are being transferred to (if I remember right) family or to a family trust.

(Michael Oliver) #5

Okay, Thank you for this, you learn something new everyday.

I have never brought shares through a crowdfunding campaign before, so the rules are all very different and confusing.

(Dan) #6

No problem. It can be quite confusing. I image this rule is here to prevent an individual from purchasing large amounts of shares by scooping fragments from a lot of people, or because there’s no automated secondary market (like a stock exchange), and so there’s a lot of manual work to transfer shares.

How did this go for you @pgt168?

Interested to know what ‘mechanism’ you used to find the best offer?

When you said that I pictured something like an eBay auction but doubt that’s a thing. Maybe just a spreadsheet then tell the runners up they need to increase their bid? :thinking:

Hi, this is something I would be interested in, if still for sale

(Paul) #9

Hi,

Yes they’re still for sale but I am awaiting permission from Monzo which has been requested via Crowd Cube.

I think the mechanism I’ll use is exactly as you have outlined basically a silent auction to figure out price. There are a few around so once I get the go-ahead I’ll post details.

Thanks for your interest.

(Paul) #10

Hi,

Yes they’re still for sale but I am awaiting permission from Monzo which has been requested via Crowd Cube.

I think the mechanism I’ll use is basically a silent auction to figure out price. There are a few around so once I get the go-ahead I’ll post details.

(Paul) #11

Hi,

Yes thank you I have asked them and for the moment they’re still for sale but I am awaiting permission from Monzo which has been requested via Crowd Cube.

I think the mechanism I’ll use is basically a silent auction to figure out price. There are a few around so once I get the go-ahead I’ll post details.

(Steven shorter) #12

Any updates on selling shares?