Selling shares in Monzo from crowdfunding round?

(Michael) #161

Thought it was 2.35/share?

It does not matter what any official value says, what matters is how much people are prepared to pay for them.

They could be valued at £4 but in high demand and people offer £6, or conversely nobody want them and you have trouble offloading them for £2. Clearly Monzo is a hot prospect, so will sell for more than their book value.

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #163

it was £2.35 ish a share in the last crowdfunding round, however somebody sold his stake privately through crowdfunding for around £3 ish. :slight_smile:

(Michael) #164

That’s cool, that’s what I thought.

I think £5/share to too high currently.

(Frank) #165

I’m not sure my circumstances are exceptional so looks like I will not be able to offer them up after all.

(Michael) #166

Have you contacted Monzo to check with them?

(🤦‍♂️ abofm.club 🤦‍♂️) #167

If any of the Monzo team fancy taking pity on me I’ll happily accept a single share :joy:

(Nikhil velani) #168

It’s a difficult one revolut one of Monzo’s competitors is valued at £300m at £8.57 a share, monzo is valued at £220m?

(Michael) #169

How many shares has each company got available for purchase though, because if there’s more shares of Monzo available, then yes, it’ll be a lower price.

(Nikhil velani) #170

Yes that’s true Michael.

Is that still a requirement? Can only sell under exceptional circumstances?

(Frank) #172

That is the response I have received from Crowdcube. And as honest as I am I don’t think ‘pay for a holiday & car repairs’ qualifies.

if you need the car to get to work or drive in for your job I would say that is exceptional circumstances

If you need to sell your shares to me I think that is also exceptional circumstances :sunglasses:

(Excited about Christmas) #175

More than willing to sell all mine. Tenner each :wink:

And how many shares Is that?

(Excited about Christmas) #177

1949+995+434=3378 shares

Haha! Not sure I can afford the £33,780 price tag! Even the smallest block is over £4,000!

(Matt) #179

I could really do with selling a block of my shares, out of interest would anyone be interested in 895 shares?

I haven’t spoken to crowdcube or monzo about this yet. If/when someone is interested then I’ll get in contact with them!

(Andre Borie) #180

What would be the price roughly? I was happy to overpay for a smaller lot of shares but at this scale it would be a bit too expensive for me.