Selling shares in Monzo from crowdfunding round?

Congrats on your purchase :sunglasses:

(Frank) #142

Are the third round shares tied to the second round at all? So could I sell round 2 and keep round 3?

Also any HMRC impacts I need to consider if selling?

(Frank) #143

Just emailed Crowdcube to get the ball rolling. :+1:t2:

And what price are you looking at for your shares?

Feels like a market is starting up!

You can sell whatever round you want, you are not forced to sell other rounds

HMRC impacts come into play on shares which are eligible for, and you claimed for, EIS or SEIS relief under the HMRC forms provided by the crowdfunding company. I do not think Focus FS, Mondo or Monzo had such status for round 1, 2 or 3 shares.

(Frank) #147

Yeah pretty sure I said no to that. Though I don’t recall fully. Sure it can be confirmed though.

(Jolin) #148

It’s actually the exact opposite: that is looking extremely likely!

(I also seem to remember they recently hired someone to oversee the process.)

Great news. It has always been highly restricted before, now more Monzo customers will stand a chance of getting their bids successful this time around :slight_smile:

(Dan) #150

Capital gains tax. Profit from the disposal of shares is usually taxable.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-sell-shares

(🤦‍♂️ abofm.club 🤦‍♂️) #151

I keep missing this. Anyone looking to sell shares, hit me up. I’m willing to talk prices above current value.

(Frank) #152

I have not been given approval yet but do wish to sell my 498 shares (and keep my block of 73). Though my target is at least £5 which I know means it’s not going to be a quick sale (for the record this has alway been my target even if they were on the open market).

@Christophorus I replied direct to your post but it’s not reflecting it :+1:t2:

(🤦‍♂️ abofm.club 🤦‍♂️) #153

Sadly, as it has to be all of them I can’t afford that amount :frowning:

(Michael) #154

Are they only sellable as one block?

(Frank) #155

Yeah it’s a single block from round 2 so cannot be split.

Yes. Monzo only permit sale as a block on a per round basis and not a sale of part of your sales per block, so if you get 500 in round 2 you can’t sell 300 of them only 500, if you get 200 in round 1 and 300 in round 2 you can sell all from one round but keep those from another round as you are not forced to sell all rounds.

(Frank) #157

I would still like to be an investor otherwise I would have sold the smaller block.

(🤦‍♂️ abofm.club 🤦‍♂️) #158

I’ll catch one I can afford one day.

If Monzo marketplace was up and running and able to advise on power companies, best saving rates etc, I wonder if it could prudently recommend purchase of unlisted shares in a start up fin tech?

You never know the share price may be lower than £5 for the next funding round and hopefully we’ll all have a chance to grab some. Last share purchase was at £3.07 so £5 is a big mark up.

However saying that who know what we are valued at now.