Selling shares in Monzo from crowdfunding round?

yes I think section 12.13 says you can as part of the same group as a permitted transferee as one of the conditions - being several conditions enabling transfer - any one of the conditions being reached ? which is why Hannah said they have to be in Crowdcube / their nominee account ? obviously crowd cube nominee would still hold the shares rather than being transferred out of the nominee holding as I understand it :slight_smile:

I think those articles of association are out of date Tommy there is a feb 2017 Articles on the crowd cube site

1 Like

Yeah, I have about 3 versions of the articles in my email, I just could only see one on Companies House! Iā€™m assuming theyā€™re not substantially different.

only your articles of assoc donā€™t have a section 12.13 :slight_smile: I got mine from the crowd cube website dated 9 march 2017 - this is 12.13 from the most up to date articles

1 Like

definition of a permitted transferee - from A of A feb 2017

1 Like

They will be sold for whatever the buyer pays.

6 Likes

Am a buyer for any amount above Ā£200. Happy to pay a premium - feel free to DM me

I have 50 worth of shares how much would give me for lot pm me on forum . accept monzome

1 Like

Am also a buyer if anyone is interested in selling - also happy to pay a premium - feel free to DM me.

Iā€™d sell mine for Ā£100 a share.

1 Like

Do you have multiple shares? Iā€™d love to get one as well and Iā€™m fine with that price.

Fine with Ā£100 a share? I was going to hold on to mine but more than happy to sell at that price :joy:

1 Like

How much are they usually worth? Again Iā€™m not familiar with this, but I do understand that selling them right now is not the greatest idea (unless you donā€™t believe in Monzo for some reason) so Iā€™m happy to pay a premium - the question is, how much of a premium am I paying? :blush:

Hereā€™s their current value (assuming you donā€™t believe that their value has increased since the last round of fundraising :wink:) -

Screenshot from this post.

In this case Iā€™m happy to pay up to 10x but no more. :slight_smile:

having spoken to Crowdcube I got this email back from them

"Hello Ian,

This is the agreed response from both our legal team and Monzo:

The transfer of shares in Monzo Bank Limited is governed by Monzoā€™s Articles.
Under Monzoā€™s Articles, Crowdcube investors may transfer their beneficial interest to a ā€˜Permitted Transfereeā€™.
ā€˜Permitted Transfereeā€™ is defined in the Monzoā€™s Articles as:
(i) a spouse, civil partner, child or grandchild (including a step or adopted or illiegitimate child and their issue);
(ii) the trustees of a transferorā€™s family trust; or
(iii) a company in which the transferor (or their trustees) hold all of the shares.
Outside of transfers to a Permitted Transferee, the board may consent to transfers in exceptional circumstances only (for example if required under a contract of employment).
All transfer requests by Crowdcube investors should be emailed to nominee@crowdcube.com

Kind regards

Hannah Rowe

Community Executive"

which contradicts somewhat Monzos latest articles of association. - Im not interested in selling I was more interested in the process of selling when Im ready to sell - Hannah also said having spoken to Monzo , they were insistant on a 100% sale rather than a shareholder splitting a share holding - i.e. selling a portion of their shareholding - all a bit confusing really , the articles of association I posted earlier donā€™t seem to agree with Crowdcubes/ Monzos legal teams understanding of the articles - which articles are the ones that crowd cube investors signed up to ? , maybe somebody at Monzo could confirm which articles of association are applicable ??? @Naji ???

1 Like

also ā€¦ Permitted transferee seems to have differing definitions in the differing articles :slight_smile:

Anyone interested in buying Ā£1,000 worth of shares for Ā£10,000?

beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously :slight_smile: but when each crowdfunding round increases the "value " of the shares by 50% why would anybody at this stage of development pay a 1000% premium ? good luck if you can get it though :slight_smile: lol and if you do I might have a Ā£1000 to sell :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You donā€™t think Monzo will be a 10 bagger? If they hit a billion customersā€¦

(Obviously depends on dilution though)

I personally think they will be worth much more than that - I have them at a Ā£1.5 billion valuation in 5 or so years time - which with dilution could see your Ā£1000 worth the Ā£10K wonā€™t be selling mine for a while :slight_smile: Metros just turned a profit and they are valued at about Ā£2.8Bn - the potential for either Monzo or Starling is phenomenal whether they reach that who knows :slight_smile: