Sell laptop on CEX

I blame Charlie Brooker.

(He says, hoping he isn’t so old that no-one remembers Toby any more…)

1 Like

Do you mean cash or voucher sale?

Cash I agree, but I tend to find CEX voucher sales get me more than I would get elsewhere, apart from selling privately.

Manually search for what your looking to sell, click " I want to sell"

Then go to the basket and click drop n go.
Enter your details and whether you want cash or a voucher.

Write down the order number ( you’ll also get an email with it) then take it to cex when they open ( check the new opening hours )

Trade it in in store then wait for the money to come in

1 Like

Because you don’t know how to do something?

It’s called being an adult.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @Venomx greatly appreciated.

1 Like

and this is called being condescending

3 Likes

No worries. Any success?

I found it based on your post but they offered less then what other sites offered.

1 Like

CeX being low doesn’t surprise me seem to make a great mark up to what they offer you for items.

This is true, I once got offered £150 for an A grade phone that they had on sale for £300

I wouldn’t ever recommend selling to CEX unless it’s ultra-convenient/a low value sale. In my experience they are always significantly lower than the competition.

Plus they’re frustrating to use.

I agree with your comment about convinience but other than long queues I’ve never had an issue. I always agree the condition of the item before I leave it for testing and then when they’re happy it works they just credit the money to my bank account so I don’t have to go back for cash

Didn’t want to start a new thread, so bumping this one. I am in need of a prayer to the CeX gods…

I’m trying to sell an old 2013 MacBook I’ve stopped using, hesitant to use eBay because I feel the chances of getting scammed are pretty high.

When it comes to condition - for accessories like a charger, it just says “Must be included”; the charger on this one starting to wear (like this). Will they accept that, or will the price be badly impacted by that kind of wear?

Or will they take any charger, as long as it powers the device? Trying to work out if it’s worth the cost of replacing the charger before I try and take it in.

Their help doesn’t say much, so hoping there’s a CeX-pert or two on here :smiley:

Have you checked with other Mac buying sites?

CEX to me always seem like the ultimate low ballers.

I think for iPhones and such they’ll take any charger (at least they used to). Worst that could happen is they reject it or you decline their offer

I have been, to be fair for the model I have they (CEX) seem the highest! (Though I need to triple check the models are right, they have like 12 million variants…). Which is sort of suspicious as they do tend to be lower in most things.

And I can at least walk to one without getting into trouble with the covid police.

Yeah fair, can always try without and if I need to buy a spare.

Have you tried MusicMagpie? I sold my MacBook to them last year and it was pretty painless.

Have you got any intention of buying anything else off Apple? They have a good trade-in program for gift cards currently. I am looking to do that with my MacBook when the new iPad comes out, trading it in alongside my iPhone 11 Pro & getting the iPad.

Could be a good option, but not sure on the amount they offer etc.