Before I came to Monzo, I had two main accounts:
- for day-to-day expenses (with a card)
- for salary, rent and bills (no card, managed online only)
- safety - since second account doesn’t have a card, it’s much more difficult to lose that money
- convenience - after all direct debits and standing orders for rent and bills, which are all done at the beginning of a month, I can easily see how much I have available this month
- references - when moving house and having to prove that I pay my rent on time, all I need (and nothing more) is in once place
- legal / proof of address - when having to prove my address it is convenient to have an account used regularly, but which has only a few transactions each month (I am not sure how this one would work with Monzo since I rely on paper statements for this)
In Monzo that would mean giving a pot its own account number and sort code. Probably on request only, not by default, as otherwise we would run out of account numbers pretty quickly. Also, it probably shouldn’t be possible to delete such pot as I could have given those details to someone to transfer me money (e.g. my friend or employer), there should still be possibility to rename it and change image. There might be a restriction e.g. max 1-2 per user.