Current Accounts Duplicate

Hey,

So I have been with Monzo for quite some time now and I have to save I love it! However I cannot and I don’t think ever move 100% across. See I have 2 bank accounts, 1 for bills and one for ‘extra’ cash I can spend. I like the idea with the money pot but I’m order for that to work I need to be able to take money directly from it.

Like I have fuel and car insurance that I know will cost me £200 that money, so when I get paid I keep £200 in that account and the rest goes into Monzo. Then I use that other card when I make these transactions, with the money pot I just don’t think it will work, as it’s mkre for saving.

I honestly think you need to allow a second card for a money pot, or another account.

Sure, we’ve only just launched our first iteration of pots and what you’ve described here is certainly on the board for the future. We’ve heard from a lot of people that budget in very similar ways and would like to use pots for this. The exact implementation details have yet to be decided though!

You may also want to keep an eye out for a future series of features that make it much easier to know what future outgoings you have coming up and how much you have available to spend. :smile:

6 Likes