Second account / Pot with its own account number and sort code

I’m on these forums quite a lot and I can’t say I see it coming up that often, certainly not “thread after thread”. This isn’t me saying that people don’t want it but you do seem to be massively exaggerating how many people are wanting this and I don’t think that will help your cause.

I mentioned in the other topic that you need to get people voting on here because this will support your claims. Currently it is at 5 people (down from 11 when I mentioned it this afternoon) so it’s not even in the top 20 requested features. I’m sure if it gets enough attention Monzo will consider it, but at this moment in time it’s sadly a long way away from that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The type of solution the OP is requesting (which is what I was referring to) is currently the most voted for feature on the forum, with 208 votes. I don’t understand what you are saying?

The OP is asking for a second account and this topic only has 5 votes.

The most requested feature is the committed spending pots (208 votes) which is totally different. They are not the same hense two different topics.

Which feature did you want?

Did you read my first post? All I said was “too many people have said that the current system doesn’t work for them.” The solution could be two accounts or a bills pot, I don’t care either way.

That’s not exactly what you said and there was a bit of a blip in the middle where you got confused about votes but let’s move on :slight_smile:

All I was doing was setting the record straight and correcting a bit of misinformation in the hope that it helps others who may be reading this too :blush:

^ This is exactly what I said. I think there has been some confusion because I have grouped together a second account and bills pots as possible solutions to the type of problem laid out by the OP.

I’m not sure why saying that I don’t care which of those solutions is offered is offensive? :woman_shrugging:t2:

I was wondering that. The ‘phantom flagger’ has returned!

1 Like

Yep that doesn’t help either especially when a committed spending pot is just for direct debits (no account number to name a few like the OP asked) so the two couldn’t really be “merged”.

That wasn’t what I was saying though, I was simply stating that this is incorrect.

And this is incorrect

And so is this.

Apologies for being blunt but I hope you now understand. Nothing personal either :slight_smile:

When I read the reply I found it a passive aggressive answer to a simple question of “which feature did you want”?

Perhaps it’s just me though :man_shrugging:

To be fair, the way Monzo has described (or at least the way i took it) it in the Monzo Plus Q&A recently the idea behind having direct debits coming from a pot could be something along the lines of having a virtual account and allowing it to be associated with a pot.

So whilst you both may be talking about two different things (DD from a pot vs a second account). The solution may in fact be one that covers both. However, I see the idea behind pots having DD’s come up on the forum far more than I see a request for an actual second account with a card, etc.

I didn’t hear them mention that, will have to re-watch it :open_mouth:

I know they mentioned virtual accounts but they didn’t commit to anything other that “it would be nice”.

Since committed spending pots have been worked on (all be it now paused) it would be a waste to break off and build the functionality for a second account. To then have it “merged” would be a even bigger waste when they could just finish off the pots in the first place.

1 Like

You know what would be really handy for these types of discussions…

An active roadmap we can all refer to…

#getscoat

2 Likes

I much prefer finding nuggets of information scattered across the forum. It’s like a little treasure hunt :world_map: :laughing: :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah but you’re a weirdo… :wink:

2 Likes

Surely I could just stay with TSB and do this by opening up a separate Savings account with them? So there would be no need for me to join Monzo.

2 Likes

And you’d get 3% interest on your current account balance, with no strings attached.

2 Likes

IMHO I think a second account/ pot with its own independent account number and sort code feels like the “easy” way out of the issue users are experiencing.

I’d much rather Monzo come up with a more innovative way to allow one account to work holistically rather than just dumping an extra account in. How this actually looks, and the length of time to do so? I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

Doing this: Second account / Pot with its own account number and sort code

makes Monzo just the same as every other legacy bank imo.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea.

What is easier for me, the user?

1. Move DDs to a ‘new account’
  2. Set up a rule to move money into a pot and then, somehow, make sure they come out of that pot.

Unless I’m missing something, 1. is easier for me? (also, I’m not paid monthly so the money doesn’t all come in at once…)

2 Likes