Scheduled payments 'Stop repeating'

I have set up several scheduled payments recently, some using the ‘stop repeating’ feature…

However, I’m not 100% sure whether this will allow a final payment on the ‘stop repeating date’, or whether I need to set the stop repeating date for the day after.

example:

Monthly payments on 1st of each month, to stop repeating on 1st January… will a payment be made on 1st of January with these settings?

Ta

4 Likes

I would also like to know this. It would be useful in the app if I could view the entire schedule of payments up to the ‘Stop repeating’ date.

2 Likes

Agreed - it should just say ‘last payment on’ and you get to select from a list of available dates based on the ‘Repeat’ frequency.

2 Likes

I agree - it’s not clear when it says “Stop payment on” if a payment will go out that date or not. “Last payment on” would be much clearer. But Monzo wouldn’t have to limit the date range based on frequency - it just follows the schedule until that date and stops, even if that date is between payments. That’s how Metro works and it’s great.

1 Like

The first repeating scheduled payment (with an end date) I have ends on 27-Jan-2020, so it’s over 2 months before I’ll know how it works properly :zzz:

Still not 100% sure on this. Hopefully somebody from Monzo can comment or clarify?

Agreed, I was unsure of this on a recent recurring payment I set up. WOuld be great to be able to set it to number of payments instead of a date

What about a number of payments option instead - that is way clearer!

I am keen to know this too! I have several sinking funds set up in joint pots and the rate of saving switches from ‘aggressively’ saving (because we forgot to), there is a large purchase of season tickets and then save up a smaller amount for actual spending at the games. I am wondering if the last payment will include the ‘stop repeating’ date or not…

Maybe @Jami or another developer could comment, as over a year later I’m still none the wiser.

1 Like