Royal mail delay, anyone?

Sometimes we’re bereft of choice, and Royal Mail are the only option, or in the case of Amazon, it seems to be entirely random who will deliver your items :sweat_smile:

There’s definitely a delay. Some stuff I ordered in different places, that was supposed to come in 2-3 days ended up in one huge delivery about 10 days later. I understand that times are tough right now for everyone but Royal Mail definitely seems to be hit harder. Stuff that comes via private courier on general seems to be coming in the expected time frame, or slightly longer, but not as long as Royal Mail.

3 Likes

I think the Royal Mail is being used for some if not all of the logistics for the testing infrastructure judging by some of the literature I’ve seen

Modern art. Can someone please frame this for me.
Then again it’ll probably take a while to arrive with the global viral pandemic

2 Likes

I hear you with Yodel, and I raise you Hermes.

They’ll throw it in the garden and run.
Then you get an email saying your package was signed for by :loop: :loop:

1 Like

Yep. My parcel never arrived. “It was left with a neighbour.”

Checked all the neighbours; no parcel.

“Which neighbour?”

“Dunno.”

1 Like

Post is here w00t

Yeah, but not necessarily your garden :rofl:

2 Likes

hello
i order 2 time for my bank card but didnt arrive.i dont know what am i do?

Contact Monzo in app and they can verify your details etc

2 Likes

I live in London, during this Covid time I have never had a problem with Royal Mail.
Only once was a parcel late by one day, I don’t think everything can be blamed on Covid.

Oh since this thread has been resurrected I must add my 2p on Hermes. They were meant to deliver a small picture frame I ordered from one of the big online retailers. Two days after dispatch I get a notification saying “Your parcel is oversize and therefore is on hold. Will be moving within 48 hours”

2 days later it moved from one depot to another before being put on hold again. Then a week after dispatch I finally get a notification saying it’s on the move again - back to the sender.

Unbelievable, honestly. It was a picture frame, not a fridge! I had to drive 40 miles round trip to my nearest shop to get the frame (the size wasn’t available on Amazon or any other retailer’s website)

After this (and the Joe Lycett’s Got Your Back episode) I’ll think twice before using them again

But that’s the problem isn’t it? We don’t choose to use them. We pay for P&P then a little while later find out that it’s these clowns attempting the delivery.

1 Like

So many Royal Mail complaint threads I wasn’t sure which to post on, so I’ve chosen this one.

I was expecting a parcel on October 22, which never arrived. Seems to be a frequent issue with Royal Mail when they’re handling stuff like skin care products, so was half expected. Assumed they had lost it. Complained to the retailer, complained to them. Royal Mail told me not to worry, it looks like it’s been lost and the system will automatically treat it as lost after 10 days so I can get a refund from the retailer.

10 days passed, contacted the retailer, but was still being treaded as ready to be delivered by Royal Mail. Retailer kept trying to escalate it with Royal Mail, but Royal Mail were not getting back to them.

Then today, the tracking finally updated. Recipient refused to accept it. It will now be forwarded to our National Returns Centre to determine the sender’s details. :rage:

That’s an outright lie. It never even made it to my local delivery office! On the bright side, hopefully I can now get my replacement order or refund!

Royal Mail have “lost” yet another one of my parcels.

Having gone through my Parcel Delivery Tracking app, only about 16 in 100 of my parcels are sent via Royal Mail. Of those 16, 4 have not arrived since October 2019, and two were quite clearly tampered with in transit, with items missing. Exactly 0 of my parcels sent via any other shipping have failed to arrive, or appear to be have been opened during transit.

Am I just unlucky, or is something very wrong going on at Royal Mail? I’m reluctant to blame the local mail center, as it’s been a consistent issue for me regardless of where I’ve lived throughout the U.K.

I’ve made two formal complaints to Royal Mail now. One in writing, and one via email. I’ve also lodged a complaint directly to the mail centre. All three complaints have gone ignored, and not sure what else I can do to escalate this somewhere to prevent it happening in future. Especially when most retailers don’t give you an option over which company they will use to deliver.

This one is especially frustrating as it’s a rather expensive import from Japan, and Royal Mail were quite happy to send a letting detailing the customs fees and shipping and handling fees I needed to pay them so they could deliver it, and made it easy to pay. But now something has gone wrong they act like one of those shady scammers you can never get in touch with.

What a headache. :persevere::persevere::persevere:

I’ve had some issues with Royal Mail parcels, but not to the extent you have had.

The bottom line for yo as a customer, though, is that legally, it is the retailer who his responsible for ensuring that the goods arrive in good condition and in the timeframe they advertise. I always contact the retailer whenever I have delivery issues. The retailer can recover the cost of the lost package from RM, sometimes you might end up with two orders, but usually the retailer isn’t bothered because RM have effectively paid for it.

1 Like

Maybe they just don’t like you, oh him again let’s just throw this parcel. Only ever had an issue once with DPD when a relief driver attempted to deliver a laptop.

Got a notification saying I wasn’t in, I’m sat at home and no one’s been, looked at tracking it’s a photo of someone else’s house on another street. Despite all the evidence and also customer services tracking his pad to the wrong street and them also using Google streetview to prove he’d been to the wrong house he refused to come back with the parcel still claiming I didn’t come to the door. :rofl:

All ended well they upgraded the delivery to a Saturday delivery and I got it from my usual driver

1 Like

Thanks!

Completely understand that, and it’s what I do, it’s just a pain to keep chasing them, as they need to escalate it with Royal Mail too, and claim Royal Mail never get back to them in the time frame provided to them either, so it can take months before I’m either refunded or a replacement is sent out.

My concern is being blacklisted by the retailer though.

Back at my old address when it was Amazon parcels going missing (though at the time tracking was showing items as being delivered), I eventually had to sign affidavit and was warned that if I kept reporting my parcels as missing, they might not be able to serve me as a customer, which ideally is what I want to avoid happening here, as of those affected 6 parcels, three are with packages from one particular retailer, who I’ve only ordered from 4 times this year.

Royal Mail are so unpredictable at the moment.

I had to post the originals of some documents to the government, so I sent them signed for 24 hours. It took Royal Mail a week to deliver, yet when they were posted back they arrived within 24 hours.

I posted another item signed for on Monday, it hasn’t even registered in the system properly yet so I’ve got no idea when that’s going to be delivered. I’ve had other items due to be delivered to me delayed by about a week. I had The AA randomly bill my account after years of not having a membership… Apparently they sent a letter telling me it was going to happen, it still hasn’t arrived.

I get there’s a pandemic on and everything, but why are DPD, Yodel, Hermes, Amazon Logistics etc. all able to handle the increased demand, whilst Royal Mail seem to be falling to pieces?

1 Like

The inconsistencies irk me too. I once had a clothing retailer decide to dispatch my order in three separate parcels 🤷, all mailed out the same time, all arrived at the local Mail centre at the same time on the same day, yet only one was sent on to the delivery office for delivery the next morning. The other two were just stuck at the Mail centre for a few days, before finally arriving together.