Last night, we hung out with some of you in Bristol at our first meetup. We had organised a space at a co-working office there called Desklodge. We had our usual + delivered Then 5 of us headed out west to join you to hang out, hand out some golden tickets and a tshirt for a lucky quiz winner.
Why it went well:
- Meeting our community is always great, we got to go to another city and meet locals and they were super friendly.
- Quite a few of you expressed joy and gratitude for us coming over to organise an event ️
- People were excited to not only meet us but also other Monzonauts.
- I also had my 15 seconds of fame cause of #monzostories
- The golden tickets and stickers were a huge hit.
- People brought more non-Monzo users who were of course pleased to learn about Monzo and grab a golden ticket
What we’ll do better next time:
- A couple of people hoped for a little bit more. So maybe fore next time we have some presentations on what we’re doing, what we’re working on and just more about Monzo generally.
- Turnout was a little less than expected. We did sell out and had a lot of interest but since Open Offices in London have such a great turn out, we worked with a small drop out rate which we’ll probably increase next time to give more people the chance to come.
- Pizza is not everyone’s favourite, and so some variety would be appreciated.
If you were there last night and have more feedback for us, please do let us know!