Monzo is hitting the road 🚐 #MonzoMeetup

We are hitting the road finally. We want to get out of London and come hang out with Monzo users everywhere else! And for our first monthly meetup, we’re coming over to Bristol!

If you’re in or around the area, join us for :beers: + :pizza:! @Naji, @tristan, @venkat, @jgarnham and I will see you there!

Vote for the next city (APRIL):

• Manchester,
  • Cardiff
  • Leeds

0 voters

We would definitely love the help of some locals too - so if you’re from one of the cities, give us a shout!

7 Likes

Nottingham, derby, or Birmingham sometime please :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m in Leeds. Happy to help recommend venues.

2 Likes

Mr Foley’s. Good beer. We can live without food as long a they have a nice stout or porter on tap.

1 Like

Nearly jumped, I read Bristol as Brighton for a second. Is there a way to downvote Zainab’s post? :sob:

1 Like

Leeds based so I’d be really happy to see you guys or if you need a hand I’m up for helping.

1 Like

Derby or Birmingham definitely!

1 Like

How about Sheffield, the friendly part of Yorkshire :slight_smile: and cheaper than Leeds…

1 Like

FYI, not sure where to put this… but I was just trying to sign in on my phone to vote and it wouldn’t let me. Kept getting an error, then worked fine on the iPad.

Yes - Manchester is finally a possibility! :grin:

1 Like

Norwich please! Or anywhere nearby, Cambridge maybe? :smile:

2 Likes

Cambridge sounds great :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Everyone :wave:

Really excited to hit the road next week! At the moment, the event is kind of a meet + greet, with :beers: + :pizza: of course (because we do love a good pizza party :wink:) - but I would love to hear if there’s something you’re looking to get out of the event. Would you like some mini presentation? Is there something you’d like to hear about in particular?

Let me know your thoughts! Even if you’re not coming to Bristol, this can be handy for the next meetup, when we hit your city!

1 Like

Leeds based. The new Arena would be good for a meeting if you’re really planning a BIG meeting or the Queens Hotel (attached to Railway Station) would be good venues. I would be happy to help out if you need some volunteers

I’m looking forward to exactly that, a ‘meet and greet’ with a chance to say hello and thank some of the people behind Monzo. :grin:

Will be good to have a chance to ask some questions face to face and even just discuss general usage and experiences with a few fellow monzonauts too.

Out of interest, do you know what the current turnout at Bristol is expected to be?

Awesome! Thanks Adam, that’s super helpful - good to know we’re on the right track! We have something like 90 RSVPs right now, but not everyone always shows up :wink:

Looking forward to being back in Bristol + meeting everyone!

Sold out but it’s not far from me, can I get on please :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hey - I’m one of the organisers of the University of Bristol Computer Science Society.

I don’t know what your plans look like on the 14th but we’d love to organise a talk from Monzo at the university (whether this time around or in the future). There are quite a few Monzo-using compsci students here and I’m sure they’d be interested to hear about the technology behind the bank.

Let me know if you’re interested!

7 Likes

I think we can probably call it…

MANCHESTER

will be our pit stop for #monzomeetup in April :sunny:️:minibus:

If anyone would like to help out, or has any recommendations for venues/spaces - please drop me a message! :email:️

6 Likes

Yay! Manchester! Looking forward to seeing you there!

1 Like