Request: US Date formats in CSV exports ✅

I just exported my Monzo statement as a CSV file in the app, but it won’t import correctly into YNAB (or anything else) because it’s not using a US date standard. In the US we use month/day/year as our format. Can you guys switch this in the Monzo US app?

FYI @DillonV

1 Like

Hey Dave, really sorry about that - thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue that we’re hoping to have fixed soon, sorry for any trouble this may cause. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate you flagging issues like this.

1 Like

How are you planning to address this, will it be based on the phone’s locale? I ask because I have both UK and US Monzo accounts, but I do all my accounting with UK date formats. It would be a regression for me if the US account exports switched to US date formats (though I completely understand the need for people based in the US) :grin:. Or would you switch to an international date format like YYYY-MM-DD that could work regardless of region or country?

1 Like

thanks for the awesome information.

Yet another old thread that I’m reviving to say, this is fixed!

CSV exports on US accounts should have the US date format :us:

cough the correct format cough
just kidding - the UK format is clearly superior, but we’re not here to go against centuries of date format standards in the US

Happy YNAB importing to everyone who know how to roll with the punches :boxing_glove:

2 Likes