Remember that UI design you all hated? We explain it here šŸ‘‡

None of these are UI improvements though

4 Likes

Me, getting UI & UX mixed up again
Presidents laughing

I really need to work on my sarcasm transparency - people are starting to interpret my posts as absolute fact :scream:

8 Likes

Wondering if weā€™ll see the first signs of changes in todayā€™s teardown? :eyes:

(Although I will lol if there are more signs of a US joint account launch before @davidwalton gets gifted UK joint parity :disappointed:).

3 Likes

name="multi_account_selector_title_all_accounts_and_pots">All accounts and Pots</string> :eyes:

5 Likes

Iā€™m very keen to see a new design.

• I have 4 pots and 5 linked accounts, plus a joint accountā€¦ swiping through all of these to get to the last card is very annoying, and the app starts to jitter as you do so.
  • I have the possibility to swipe left for ā€˜flexā€™ which is stupid as I have premium.
  • I never use the ā€˜trendsā€™ tab. Thereā€™s no CTA to ever look there and it doesnā€™t feel like a central part of the app.
1 Like

Not too sure where this sits but Iā€™ve just used the split categories feature for the first time.

Super cool by the way. But, also, super clunky!

Having split it and having two different amounts it didnā€™t appear in summary for the second amount/category.

I then realised I had to unsplit it, change the category and save it. But still it didnā€™t show in summary cos it kept picking up the other category which I had hidden.

I then worked out that while you can split the category you canā€™t split the hide from summary so my budget has had to be manually adjusted.

Case for reference.

I take out Ā£100.
Ā£50 for this is someone else to put in a bday card which Iā€™m going to get back so I donā€™t want it in my budget.
Ā£50 is for the meal which I do.
I have to adjust my budget up by Ā£50 because of this missing logic.

Would really love to see that improved. Without it Im not sure id use this feature regularly

2 Likes

Can I just say that, ahem, Iā€™m being to lose all hope for the sneak peak design?!

(Thatā€™s how this works now, right? :joy:)

17 Likes

I like this a lot - more so that I can quickly swipe through a list of my pots/accounts without needing to either swipe sideways one at a time, or tapping my profile photo to bring up the full list - that list style should be a default way to display your cards/pots IMO!

2 Likes

Provisionally Iā€™m open to the idea of a revamp, and cautiously optimistic. However please donā€™t abandon platform design guidelines to achieve this - I would still want Material style elements on Android (and ideally even Material You theming if possible) so that Monzo doesnā€™t feel out of place on my device. I imagine iOS users feel the same.

Please donā€™t do it the Facebook way, where you try and make something thatā€™s completely your own style and brand and just looks totally out of place compared to all my other apps.

4 Likes

And for premium, can you give away a little more?

5 Likes

Hah ā€“ it is coming, I promise!

Iā€™d hoped to write up the next post by now already, but have been caught up by a couple of other things ā€“ both work and non-work related actually. Iā€™ve been trying to buy a house since June, but had it fall through days before exchange :upside_down_face:.

:soon:

14 Likes

Oh god - I know (sadly) how hard buying/selling a house is, I hope you manage to resolve that in the not too distant future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forget the UI update, where are you with the house?!

8 Likes

We had an offer accepted late last week elsewhere! Weā€™ve changed area for a third time now, as a compromise. The market is really slow right now. This one is no chain and the owner is partially moved out already. What could possibly go wrong?! :grimacing: (probably still a lotā€¦)

We already found out we canā€™t move our mortgage to a new address again, pour one out for that beaut of a rate vs the current market :sob:.

8 Likes

New post is up here!

Sorry for the delay on it - house purchase is feeling iffy at the moment. Our backup mortgage expires at the end of the year, but the seller doesnā€™t seem super keen to move out before Christmas :upside_down_face:ā€¦

7 Likes

I am sorry, do not hate me for it, but the new logo is awful. The shade of green is just not a good fit for the rest of the colours.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t particularly like it at first but itā€™s growing on me now.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the whole point.

2 Likes

The whole point? To make it look ugly? How is that so?

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get over it, or just learn to ignore it