Recommendations for Fintech communities on the web

(Emily) #1

Hey guys, newbie here! :raising_hand_woman:

I got my Monzo card a few weeks ago, and aside from the card processor issues we had a few days ago, I’ve been loving it. Let’s hope the current accounts come sooner rather than later, we’ve got some catching up to do!

I’ve noticed that the Monzo community forum is super active, but I’ve been on the hunt for more places across the web where people that are interested in fintech and alternative finance are hanging out to discuss their thoughts, review products etc.
So I thought, who better to ask than the lovely Monzo community? Please use this topic thread to leave comments, suggestions and recommendations for hang-out hotspots. These can be subreddits, Facebook groups or pages, blogs, you name it!

Wecome to the community Emily, glad you’re enjoying Monzo so far. I can’t think of any other sites, but I do have confidence that other members will point you in the right direction!

(Alex Sherwood) #3

I can’t pass up the opportunity to promote Monzo’s subreddit again :wink:

(Richard Owen) #4

Here are a couple of places I use:

(Alex Sherwood) #5

That reminds me, the 11FS team have recently created a community for FinTech followers called FinTech Insider News.

It works similarly to Hacker News or Reddit & the users are generally discussing news in the wider context of the FinTech industry, rather than looking at it from user’s perspective as we tend to here -

(Sy) #6

the 11FS community is really active with dozens of posts every day

(Colin Robinson) #7

I’m currently subscribed to the London Fintech Podcast by Mike Baliman - learnt a couple of things on my drive in to work :slight_smile:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/london-fintech-podcast

(Bruce) #8

11FS is great! Their blockchain insider podcast is also extremely informative

(Conor Hackett) #9

Sorry to be bumping this thread but…

I have just launched FinTECH Report which is in the very early stages. The intended goal is to aggregate all the FinTech products and services available. It is available at fintechreport.info.

To answer the original question of the OP, there is a community like this one here at community.fintechreport.info

(Sorry if this is spammy, it’s not my intention)