Rainy Day Emoji missing when creating pot

When creating a new pot the emoji used for Rainy Day is missing. I’m guessing because I use Android 5.1 (API 22) and whichever emoji you used came after.
Screenshot_2018-02-24-12-55-12

The bundling of the EmojiCompat library with the Monzo app is always an option.

App version 1.21.1

2 Likes

Hi Kit! Personally, I like seeing emoji used as a font because… well, they are a font. Just my thought, though.

(As someone who despises Apple’s emoji being subbed in everywhere… Apple did not invent emoji… ).

P.S. looking at EmojiCompat (which I hadn’t looked at before) it does look like a good solution since it seems to only sub when needed, is that right?

Works on 8.1

Did it ever work for you? Or is just the latest update that’s caused breakage? :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20180224-135556

Yup, works for me on 8.1 also, but Kit is on 5.1, so no surprise. It’s just a font, and the old font is missing the character. Kit’s solution looks good, hopefully the Monzo devs add it.

Based on nexus’ screenshot it looks like the app uses the Cloud with Rain emoji, which was added after my android version and thus is not supported.

A quick fix would be using the Umbrella with Rain Drops emoji, which is old enough to be included in Android 5.

seems to only sub when needed, is that right

I think so, yeah. Although I’ve (somehow) avoided doing any Android development so I’ve never used the library.

It can also download the fonts on the fly, so it wouldn’t bloat Monzo’s APK for you lucky Android 8.1 users.

2 Likes

Perfect :slight_smile: good to see you on here, tho!

Apparently we do use the EmojiCompat library so it looks like a bug! Our Android team are on the case - thanks for bringing this to our attention! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Same, it’s a small world! :smiley_cat::earth_americas::smiley_cat:

1 Like