Option to hide emoji on Monzo Community? 👀

Hello!
I don’t have anything against people using emoji, I use emoji myself, however sometimes there are so many emojis used that it becomes more difficult to read what they’re trying to say :S (not naming names!) Is there any way I can hide emojis on my account?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m afraid not! I don’t even see an idea request on the discourse forum for it (the company that makes this forum software)

1 Like

Thanks! If it’s not possible for Monzo to add it to their Discourse set up, I might request it over on Discourse’s forum

You hoping to see : ) instead :slight_smile: ?

Or just straight up remove them?

Straight up hide them. The usage that is distracting me is multiple emojis in between sentences, breaking up the sentence flow.

I think I need to lie down

Emojis can be used to add context as well as breaking up text. First time I’ve seen someone request this on any forum

9 Likes

I haven’t had this issue anywhere else, just certain people here put emojis practically after every other word… it’s just a small request, no need to be mad :clown_face:

1 Like

I wasn’t mad but without using emojis it certainly looked like that, didn’t it? Kind of backs my point that by hiding emojis you would lose that context

2 Likes

Does this not make it a lil harder for you to read?

Emojis can be used to add context :person_gesturing_ok: as well as breaking up text :person_gesturing_no: First :1st_place_medal: time I’ve seen someone request this on any forum :alien:

In that case yes because I’m trying to figure out why anyone would use those emojis :joy:

But no, I just read the words and not the emojis generally :woman_shrugging:

The problem with that statement is that the emojiis have been over used to emphasise a point that you can use emojiis for context.

:joy: each to their own. That’s why I’m asking for an option rather than an 🙅 outright :name_badge: emoji :poop: ban

1 Like

100% nothing against this particular user… just makes it harder for me to read especially in longer block

Anyway it’s not that important, this was primarily just to see if such a feature was in Discourse

Treat them like a full stop or comma and it flows nicely :+1:

1 Like

any way to replace them with full stops? :smirk:

5 Likes

/thread

Haha sorry :laughing:

Have you tried looking for a chrome extension or something?

2 Likes

No but that’s a great idea :slight_smile:

Can’t believe :scream: this request. I wonder :thinking: how big an :warning: issue it is for :face_with_monocle: readability.

#getscoat

4 Likes