Proof of address

As a bank you’re useful for providing a proof address to companies and creditors. With you being a tech bank I think most people will be paperless even if you offered paper statements.
I wonder if there is an opportunity to provide a digital proof of address service where a company could connect to your API and then a push notification is sent to the Mondo app for the user to accept the request to verify Identity and address.
Or if you provided PDF statements which are digitally signed by your certificate with the user’s address added.

7 Likes

This area needs some serious disruption. The first thing always asked when creating a bank account or similar is household bill and previous bank statement, sometimes required to be posted to my address. Doesn’t work so well for paperless customers!

I agree! It was recently very annoying for me trying to buy a car where I had to pay for my bank to send me a paper statement of a past statement because I was paperless.
I was hoping this idea might get more notice, I’m sure this must impact more people

I don’t like the idea of sharing a bank statement just to prove my address - a quick fix would be allowing the user to generate a pdf letter from Monzo confirming your address.

Longer term the API would be great, but it would require the 3rd party to know what an API is :confused:

1 Like

Bear in mind that this topic is over 5 years old.

You can now generate and download your own statements in app and these have your address on.

In the 5 years since (in my experience) companies have developed their internal tools now and should be able to verify your address through these without needing a bank statement.

1 Like

If you have a UK history, I guess. Having just moved here, most companies still don’t know I exist and are requiring a bank statement or lease contract. I don’t have either yet.

You’ve commented on a 6 year old topic.

You can download statements in app now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jumping in and necroing this further, this is actually a thing but I don’t know if it is being used anywhere yet. It’s called OneID

2 Likes

As we’re in full Lazarus mode, given you can now (I think) create a statement for a pot would generating a statement for a new (but empty) pot be a hack for this?

1 Like

2 Likes

Great tip @Peter_G - that shows your address on an official bank statement without any financial details.

1 Like